Sponsored by:

Kenwood Amps and Head Units..

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-03, 02:32 PM
vj604
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood Amps and Head Units..

Ive got a hookup at a kenwood outlet store....

i was wondering on what you audiophiles think of kenwood components (amps and HU), in terms of sound quality. The yseem to be at the cheaper end of the price spectrum , thereby making them attractive to a poor college student (relatively). Any input is appreciated. looking to redo my stereo, and actually install my first stereo in my SC next month. right now im shopping around a bit.

VJ
Old 04-24-03, 05:32 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a Kenwood HU and amp, the Excelon line which is top of their line. They both sound great. Plus they integrate so I can control my bass levels for the amp with my HU. The HU has crossovers for all respective speakers, nice features. I would only get the Excelon line though, the normal stuff is a bit cheap. That's my opinion, everyone is going to have different views on this though.
Earl!
Old 04-25-03, 01:55 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

You're playing with fire, asking "you audiophiles" what we think of Kenwood. :-)
Kenwood is OK, basically middle of the road stuff. Not the best sounding, nor the most reliable, but not the worst either. It tends to be hit or miss. If you stick with their better stuff, it's OK. You usually get more features for the money with Kenwood, and you can wind up paying for it in the long run in lack of a good user interface, or poor reliability. If you're on a college budget (i.e. no money whatsoever), Kenwood is a good choice. I usually recommend Alpine over Kenwood for a few more buckaroos, especially if you're putting it in a Lexus.
Old 04-25-03, 02:12 PM
vj604
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, i meant you audiophiles because i wanted an opinion from people who care about how their music sounds.

i can also be an audiophile, but having a stock stereo probably disqualifies me from your definiton. im definetely an audiophile when it comes to the studio....headphones, monitors, and so on have to sound excellent. along with turntables, amplifiers, needles...whatever. thanks for the input. well see what i can afford and what kind of price i can get.