Sponsored by:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Nakamichi Amp Went Dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-03 | 02:36 PM
XxLS400xX
Driver

Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Nakamichi Amp Went Dead

ok well i got another problem,
i got a 1990 LS400 with the Nakamichi System.
I just added a RF Punch 501 amp and Kicker L7 sub.

The RF amp has a built in high level converter.

At first i disconnected the Nak sub and wired it to the high input for the RF amp
but the nak amp wont turn on.

so i connected the Nak sub up and the nak amp turned on for some strange reason.
ANd i connected the signal from the nak sub to the RF amp and everything worked fine.

Now i get no bass wat so ever. My RF amp is turned on. But my nak amp doesnt get no power or sound from the Nak sub.

Does anyone know how i can bypass the Nak. amp and use its signal to run it to my RF amp?

Also does anyone have the wiring diagram for the 90 LS nak amp and radio?

I also have a 2 year old Kenwood mask deck and 12disk changer. Its my last resort because i want to look factory. IF i cant bypass the nak amp then ill install the deck. would i still get the clear mid and highs off of the kenwood deck as in the nak deck??
Old 04-30-03 | 09:50 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Nakamichi Amp Went Dead

I don't understand what you're saying in this part at all. Can you go into more detail, please? Draw out a little diagram with a graphics program if you have to. Also you can get a diagram from your local dealer, make sure to tell them you have the NAK system. I had one faxed to me but of course I don't have your car.

Originally posted by XxLS400xX
At first i disconnected the Nak sub and wired it to the high input for the RF amp
but the nak amp wont turn on.

so i connected the Nak sub up and the nak amp turned on for some strange reason.
ANd i connected the signal from the nak sub to the RF amp and everything worked fine.

Now i get no bass wat so ever. My RF amp is turned on. But my nak amp doesnt get no power or sound from the Nak sub.
Old 05-01-03 | 05:56 AM
XxLS400xX
Driver

SORRY
Old 05-01-03 | 05:59 AM
XxLS400xX
Driver

SORRY
for not being clear.

i used my nak. amp for Low Level Singal to my RF amp.
The nak. amp went dead and i cant find another source.
i tried the door speakers, when its at low volume i get good bass but when its turned up half way i get pure voice out of my kicker sub.

i searched and no one knows where the sub ouput is on the nak deck.

so i just gave up on the Nak system and wired up a new kenwood mask cd reciever.

Does anyone know which wire is for the power antenna?
Old 05-01-03 | 08:57 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

No prob, man...yeah the crossover for the sub is in the nak amp, not in the headunit. I think the stock headunit just has outputs for the 4 speaker channels.

Power antenna has three wires on most LEXUS systems. Labeled ANTA, ANTB, and simply, ANT. One tells it to go up, the other down, and one more to tell it something else who knows. Not sure on colors check in your trunk. The ones that I am talking about will all have stripes I believe, not solid colors to indicate power or ground, again check the trunk because it will be the same on both ends. Someone said you simply wire all three wires together with an aftermarked headunit. I would try that if you can't get it to work.

I hope that helps you a little bit.

Last edited by Pianoman72; 05-01-03 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-01-03 | 06:25 PM
XxLS400xX
Driver

i am currently rewiring all the speakers to the deck.
I found the antenna wires. Its two wires, a pink with blue stripe and pink with black stripe.

anyone knows any faceplates that would fit flush with a din size headunit for the ls400?

i checked out some toyotas faceplates but they dont match to well.