Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Best 2-Way Pager On The Market Today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-03 | 06:38 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 2-Way Pager On The Market Today.

Its time for me to get an aftermarket alarm even though a professional thief can steal ANYONE'S car, I just want to have a piece of mind that at least a high-end aftermarket alarm is better than my factory alarm that I currently have. I did some research and found that a lot of people liked the Compustar 2WSS model. Then I hear from people around my area that other 2-way pagers are better. Just wanted to ask you guys your opinion on this topic. Viper's? DEI? Compustar? Which one is the best?

One thing I like about Compustar is that you have very good range (1.25mile).
Old 05-08-03 | 09:10 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Hey diesal man...Compustar is the best on the market!!! It is the best money can buy and I would highly recommend it to all on the board....in addition to the range it also pages you let say if you are in the mall and you want someone to meet you by your car....there is a sensor on the windshield that they can tap and it will alert you that someone is waiting at the car for you....there are so many features...I can go on and on....also it has another feature that is the anti-jacking feature where you can completely shut the car off by the pager if you are car jacked....well I know that a couple of members on the board have these alarms and they rave about them...suprised no one has responded to this thread....Not alot of shops sell this alarm either due to the difficulty in installing it. Well hope this helped any....

Take care!
Old 05-08-03 | 09:21 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Re: Best 2-Way Pager On The Market Today.

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
Its time for me to get an aftermarket alarm even though a professional thief can steal ANYONE'S car, I just want to have a piece of mind that at least a high-end aftermarket alarm is better than my factory alarm that I currently have. I did some research and found that a lot of people liked the Compustar 2WSS model. Then I hear from people around my area that other 2-way pagers are better. Just wanted to ask you guys your opinion on this topic. Viper's? DEI? Compustar? Which one is the best?

One thing I like about Compustar is that you have very good range (1.25mile).
Just curious - what is the price for that Compustar 2WSS?
Old 05-08-03 | 05:40 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

it ranges from about $650-$700 installed....trust me...its worth the money.....it has alot of channels to....for example if you want to add window roll up and down, etc, etc....it has everything you would need in a alarm without ever having to upgrade.

The next model under that is $550-$600 installed and it has the same features except that it has a range of a 1/4 mile.....
Old 05-09-03 | 04:18 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally posted by dagr8tsthustla
it ranges from about $650-$700 installed....trust me...its worth the money.....it has alot of channels to....for example if you want to add window roll up and down, etc, etc....it has everything you would need in a alarm without ever having to upgrade.

The next model under that is $550-$600 installed and it has the same features except that it has a range of a 1/4 mile.....
The next model under that you are referring to, what is the model name?
Old 05-09-03 | 05:04 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by dagr8tsthustla
Hey diesal man...Compustar is the best on the market!!! It is the best money can buy and I would highly recommend it to all on the board....in addition to the range it also pages you let say if you are in the mall and you want someone to meet you by your car....there is a sensor on the windshield that they can tap and it will alert you that someone is waiting at the car for you....there are so many features...I can go on and on....also it has another feature that is the anti-jacking feature where you can completely shut the car off by the pager if you are car jacked....well I know that a couple of members on the board have these alarms and they rave about them...suprised no one has responded to this thread....Not alot of shops sell this alarm either due to the difficulty in installing it. Well hope this helped any....

Take care!

Thanks for the feedback, I am surprised myself that I didn't get too many respondents to this thread. On ebay this alarm usually goes for $320-$370, but the best thing for me is to go to an authorized dealer and have them install it, though I've been searching for one in nyc and I can't find any yet??
Old 05-09-03 | 05:06 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hameed
The next model under that you are referring to, what is the model name?
Hameed, if I am not mistaken there are several models, you can have the 2WSS with just the alarm or you can have the 2WSS with remote starter or you can have both in one package. I believe one model name is 2WSS-AS for auto start and I forgot the others.

Last edited by D-MAN63; 05-09-03 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-09-03 | 10:42 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would go with this one:

http://www.velocitymotorsport.com/se.../Lynx_2000.htm

I have the older Aladdin version.
Old 05-09-03 | 04:44 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have heard too many horror stories about Compustar. Even more about Alladin 2-way. Personally I went with Clifford when I had a choice...just a piece of mind.
Old 05-09-03 | 05:56 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by retrodrive
I have heard too many horror stories about Compustar. Even more about Alladin 2-way. Personally I went with Clifford when I had a choice...just a piece of mind.
What kind of horror stories did you hear about Compustar? Installation problems? Or just malfunction after awhile?
Old 05-09-03 | 08:18 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2 way

I got the Viper 790 ,but the one from audiovox is not bad for the money APS 996 good range on both of them and it brings 2 remotes DEI only brings one and if you want another is a $100 more.Email me at angelxavier@netscape.net so I can let you know about Prices.
Attached Thumbnails Best 2-Way Pager On The Market Today.-mvc-003s.jpg  
Old 05-09-03 | 11:34 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have heard about malfunctions after the install. They might have fixed most of them by now but I can't tell you for certain.
Old 05-10-03 | 07:45 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have no problems with the Aladdin. I think most of the problems are related to improper installations.
Old 05-10-03 | 12:31 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by retrodrive
I have heard about malfunctions after the install. They might have fixed most of them by now but I can't tell you for certain.
The shop I work for is an authorized Compustar dealer and installer...If you go to a shop that is not an authorized dealer/installer and is not experienced nor certified...you are bound to have installation problems.....I sell more compustar than any other alarm I carry which is Viper, Prestige, and even clifford....the clifford matrix 3 is the 2-way pager remote and uses the Viper 790 remote. Clifford also has the "Black-Jack" feature ( anti-jacking) .....either way the compustar is still the best on the market...a bit expensive but worth it....

Danny
Old 05-10-03 | 07:53 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2 way

Is compustar going out bussiness,I hear they not doing pretty good.