Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Best and cheapest mod ever! Its true...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-03, 09:58 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best and cheapest mod ever! Its true...

Hey guys;

I have solved the problem to CD skipping and it requires only 99 cents...

The problem was our CD players skips WAYYY too much...It never played seemed to play the right track...It would usually play songs from the middle rather than from the begining and the player reacted extremely slowwww...It was really annoying and I got really pissed off...On top of that, everytime I hit the slightest bump, the cd player would skip for like 20 seconds and then it would either jump to a random track or say cd error...

Then one of those lonely days when I had a lot of spare time, I went to the 99 cents store around my neighborhood (Yea, I know its sad...) and I saw a "Telstar CD lens cleaner" for only 99 cents! It came with a cd that had it little cleaning bush on it and two tubes of that cleaning liquid..

I read the instructions and proceed to do what I have read..2 minutes later...My cd player played extremely well, like a Lexus player should...No more skipping! No more frustration! What a relief! Best mod money can buy...
Old 05-06-03, 10:51 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Hey dennis! i'm glad that worked for you but let me give you a little advice that has saved people a lot of headache over the years.

NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!

He he... now let me tell you why. The brush spins inside the cd player and WHACKS the laser (the uh... highly sensitive laser) at "X" rpm's hundred's of times at high speeds. would you whack your laser with a grooming comb a few hundred times if it were sitting in front of you? Nooooooooo. So, why pay for something to misalign the laser for you?

The reason why it worked is because you just had a dirty lens (Mr. obvious here) But you took a BIG risk in killing the laser alignment. Consider yourself to have a nice, firmly mounted laser that is lined up very well (if it were off by any the beating would have done it in). You got lucky this time.

Next time remove the screws on the unit and swab the laser with alcohol and a q-tip.
If you wanna whack a sensitive and expensive piece of equiptment a few hundred times per minute, do it to one that doesn't work

Last edited by O. L. T.; 05-06-03 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-06-03, 11:27 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I tried putting one in and the CD magazine messed up the brush. In addition, the player didn't even detect the CD!
Old 05-06-03, 11:40 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!
hmmm.... It worked for me tho...I didn't know the side effects...Thanks for the clearing up...
Old 05-07-03, 11:13 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

it will work, a limited number of times. after so much abuse... the laser will be so out of line it wont play.