Sponsored by:

CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-03, 11:17 AM
johnfitzge
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer

My head unit for my 95 lexus es300 has a button that reads CDcmp , does this mean that I can add a stock CD changer to it? Would this head unit have the connections on the back of it for the CD changer or are the CD buttons on my head unit just for looks?
Old 05-10-03, 07:21 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default cd changer wiring es 300 1995

if the cd button radio was ordered when the 95 es300 was built at the factory then you are prewired with a cd changer cable hidden behind the side trunk wall panelling on the left. i if unused. if the radio was a replacement for a broken tape button only radio then you are not prewired, the connectors in the trrunk are white plastic one being a 10 pin 6x4 and one a 6 pin 4x2pin .. they are wrapped in bubble wrap if they have never been hooked up............................................................................................... the cd button radio should read id #p6804 on the cassette door flap if it is original 95 es 300 radio. the back of the radio would have a cd changer connector plugged in already if it was prewired.. the cd changer port is 12 pin connctor9( 7x5) it is below the radio connector a 1 piece 15 pin connctor.
Old 05-11-03, 12:45 PM
johnfitzge
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks and more

thanks lexus audio, i found the connectors in the trunk and i attached a used cd changer i got from a salvage yard but it did not work. the cd changer button does not even change the mode into cd mode for it to at least give an error message. i dont know maybe the cd changer is broken. the eject light on the cd changer lights up and sometimes it seems to maked a faint noise when i press the eject button but thats it. is there also an amp that i need to buy that goes in the trunk. i have some water in the trunk (i guess a common problem) that might have blew a fuse. what fuses do i need to check for?
Old 05-11-03, 01:02 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Default 2 different fuses power es300 cd changer

that is good you were prewired the factory sure hid the wires . there are 2 fuses. one is radio fuse #1 but your radio wouldnt work if that was out.. the 2nd fuse is lableled cig/radio fuse . if your lighter is not working that one is out. if that isnt the problem then the changer doesnt work. most are still working after 12 years which is saying a lot for the es300 changer..if the cd produced an error message that is better than no recognition. it can be fixed if just an error showing. the no recognition is bad as the main pcb board parts to fix the no recognition problem no longer available.
Old 05-11-03, 05:33 PM
johnfitzge
Driver School Candidate

Default just one more thing

again thanks for the info, you are saving me a bunch of time with the stereo shop. i think i might have bought a bad cd changer. all the fuses are fine. just one more thing to make sure. lets say that there is no cd changer plugged into the wiring harness. would the actual head unit try to go into cd mode. would it show for example CD mode on the head unit display? or would it just stay in the mode you are in for example the FM mode. also is there suppose to be a bigger amp mounted in the trunk somewhere?
Old 05-11-03, 06:42 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Default AMP LOCATION ES300 92 TO 96

YOUR WELCOME. CLUBLEXUS IS A FREINDLY PLACE WHERE PEOPLE SHARE THERE KNOWLEDGE THAT TOOK THEM A LOT OF TIME TO FIGURE OUT. GLAD TO SAVE YOU TIME........................................................ IF THE CABLE WASNT PLUGGED IN AT THE RADIO END THERE WOULD BE NO RECOGNITION BY THE HEAD UNIT. IF YOU PUSH CD BUTTON IT WOULD JUST STAY ON THE FUNCTION. THE CD MAGAZINE NEEDS TO BE IN AND CDS NEED TO GO IN UPSIDE DOWN OR SHINEY SIDE UP OR THE RADIO WILL READ ERROR....................................................................... THE AMP IS LUCKILY NOT IN THE TRUNK BUT UNDER THE PASSENGER SEAT WHICH IS MUCH SAFER PLACE THEN THE TRUNK. EXCEPT IF YOU SPILL FLUID FROM THE FLOOR TO UNDER THE PASSENGER SEAT OR LEFT THE WINDOW DOWN DURING A HEAVY RAIN IT COULD ZAP THE UNDERSEAT AMP.