Sponsored by:

Stock security system on 96 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-03, 07:02 AM
KingMota
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock security system on 96 SC300

Just bought a 96 SC300 and the insurance company needs to know the functionality of the security system. I haven't found this through a search of this forum or in the owners manual (they gave us a manual from a 95 SC). Does it just sound the alarm, or does it also lock steering wheel, disable ignition, etc.?

BTW, I've enjoyed reading this forum. I started in the beginning and read backwards to October 2002. Then decided to go to the beginning and read in chronological order. I'm up to late 2001.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 07-03-03, 11:10 AM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Hey,

the factory security system has a starter diable. It also disables all electronics in the car including your radio. If for example your system is removed when the alarm was active or the battery disconnected then your radio will not be functional without teh proper key. Also teh car has a hood sensor, so if someone lifts the hood the alarm will start.

In addition there is no way someone could literally open your doors, when the alarm is active since teh acutators for teh door locks will keep in the lock position. In other words if you activate teh alarm when you are sitting in the car and your windows are closed there is no way you could get out without someone from the outside unlocking teh doors with your key.

just arm your system and try to see if other things happen. also the horn honks like crazy and your high beams should blink.

sorry for teh spellin mistakes but i am in a rush, hope this helps.

ali
Old 11-18-04, 07:14 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by shlounek
Hey,

the factory security system has a starter diable. It also disables all electronics in the car including your radio. If for example your system is removed when the alarm was active or the battery disconnected then your radio will not be functional without teh proper key. Also teh car has a hood sensor, so if someone lifts the hood the alarm will start.

In addition there is no way someone could literally open your doors, when the alarm is active since teh acutators for teh door locks will keep in the lock position. In other words if you activate teh alarm when you are sitting in the car and your windows are closed there is no way you could get out without someone from the outside unlocking teh doors with your key.

just arm your system and try to see if other things happen. also the horn honks like crazy and your high beams should blink.

sorry for teh spellin mistakes but i am in a rush, hope this helps.

ali
I know this is an older thread, but I was wondering if the stock secutiry system on the 96 SC300 is the same on the 95 SC300. I'm picking one up soon, and I'm sure I'm gonna need to know all this info for my insurance as well...
Old 11-18-04, 12:45 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

maybe asking Lexus would be the better idea.
Old 11-18-04, 12:46 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by cheungsta
I know this is an older thread, but I was wondering if the stock secutiry system on the 96 SC300 is the same on the 95 SC300. I'm picking one up soon, and I'm sure I'm gonna need to know all this info for my insurance as well...
i do know that the keys from 92-94 were different than the 95-96 models it is possible that from year to year they had different variations...

CEO