Sponsored by:

Pic of my LX 470 w/ Alpine DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-03, 09:23 PM
GatorGreg
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Pic of my LX 470 w/ Alpine DVD

Hey all, I just had the Alpine "mobile multimedia station" taken out of my '02 CR-V and had it reinstalled in my '98 LX, see pic below. Total system power = 430 watts: 45w x 4 Alpine headunit (model CVA-1003), 250w x 1 Xtant sub amp (model m121 under passenger seat). Total speakers still = 7 (but with 12" Xtant sub in custom box replacing OEM sub). Total discs still = 6 (but with Alpine DVD/Video CD/CD changer model DHA-S680 under right dash).

The system has a seperate control for adjusting the subwoofer and also came with a wireless remote. The installer did a very nice job and now my LX audio system sounds (and feels ) awesome even with the factory speakers in place. With the added power and improved subwoofer I no longer feel it necessary to replace them

In case anyone is interested, here are some links to Alpine's specs for both the dvd changer and multimedia head unit.

Head Unit:
http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com:7777...in=30&p_more=y

Disk changer:
http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com:7777...in=30&p_more=y

Last edited by GatorGreg; 06-17-03 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-18-03, 06:22 AM
idsrvit
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks...

GatorGreg...

Thanks for taking the time to pm me. I was actually "sweatin" for you all weekend. I was wondering how it was going to come out. Glad you are happy. You gave me a better feeling about having mine done now. The photo was pretty dark, and I couldnt really see the way it looks indash. If you can take any lighter/brighter photos...the screen need not be on, I am more interested in the way it fits (ie if they had to use any other hardware to make it look custom etc). If that is possible, you can pm them to me. Thanks again for keeping me posted, I appreciate it.
T.W.Y.
Old 05-19-03, 04:59 AM
GatorGreg
Advanced

Here are some more pics

I didn't want the usual black plastic / pocket thing surrounding the aftermarket headunit so they used some (fake) carbon fiber stuff. The tricky thing about the headunit install is there is a gentle curve to the top of the area so they needed to put the headunit towards the bottom side of it so it would face out properly. Also, the screen on this particular unit can pop out two different distances. When popped out in short mode, it just barely clears the top lip of the dash when angled perpendicularly. When popped out in far mode, it has enough clearance that you can angle the screen back a little if desired.

radio:

dvd:

dvd changer:

You can see the amp under the seat when it's moved all the way forward:

Last edited by GatorGreg; 06-17-03 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-19-03, 06:36 AM
idsrvit
Driver

Default looks great

Gator Greg...

That looks really good when the screen is in, but looks great when the screen is out!! I couldn't help but notice the "93*" temperature on your thermometer. I am in PA where we have been having a very cold damp rainny spring. 50 deg yesterday and rain. So now I am jealous of your system and your weather!! Enjoy your setup, it looks great. Thanks again for the extra photos.
T.W.Y.
Old 05-19-03, 07:17 AM
GatorGreg
Advanced

Since you noticed the temp you may have also noticed the clock that I had forgotten to reset. It was early afternoon when I took the pic, not 8:15 - that would be one hot morning even for Fla It has been very hot the last week or two down here, even the pool thermometer was up to 85 yesterday at noon. Thank goodness for the excellent climate control system of the LX
Old 05-19-03, 10:47 AM
RX300-BV
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

The alpine looks great.