Sponsored by:

Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-03, 07:34 AM
Lex Lexor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Radio Issues

Just bought a 94 LS400 with NAK system. When in radio mode, all speakers sound great (even at loudest settings). All "functions" of tape and CD perform perfectly, but the sound is awful (distortion). Almost sounds like blown speakers when CD & Tape are playing, but AM & FM are fine. Anyone ever have this kind of issue. I don't want to go aftermarket, but I gotta play (at least) my CD's. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 05-29-03, 02:53 AM
audiogil
Rookie

Default radio problem

your tape and cd have totally different sounds than your radio.that means that you probably just need to play with the sound settings of your head unit . sounds like you have all the "bass" up also. are you listening to recorded stuff or original recordings.
Old 05-29-03, 08:35 AM
Lex Lexor
Driver School Candidate

I have tried to adjust the bass, etc. but it has no effect. If the radio didn't sound perfect (AM & FM) I would ditch the whole setup. I just really like the look of the stock unit and it has ALL the features I want. Could it be a "fuse" related issue for the CD/Tape input even though the tape is in the head unit???
Old 05-29-03, 10:36 AM
audiogil
Rookie

Default bad sound

no there is no hidden fuse. it sounds like a normal "stock" sound system. you might want to consider adding an aftermarket amplifier with built in crossovers and quite possibly adding an "audio control" equalizer. i have done this several times and it works like a charm. i suggest you go to a reputational stereo shop and ask about this before you actually drain your wallet for the wrong reasons. let me know how it turns out.
Old 05-29-03, 10:49 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umm, the ONLY thing you should notice when switching from radio to tape or CD is an increase in sound clarity (aside from tape hiss). Sorry, but there is something wrong for sure. If you are going to start replacing things, replace the headunit. I still say try and get it fixed because the NAK system is pretty cool.