Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

I think im going to get this system..

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-03, 04:12 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think im going to get this system..

I went up to my local car audio shop, EXTREME SOUND to talk to my man Lupe. He told me he could hook me up with two pioneer 12' subwoofers for 150, and a 400watt d class amp for 340. this with labor, and wires comes to a grand total of 848.50 for my system. They said they will take the stock sub out and put two 12s in the back with the amp in the trunk as well. Anyway, I know a lot of you here are smart and find really good deals and know of the best things to do, so I ask you what I should do. Would this be a good deal? Are there any other suggestions on how to get more bass for less money? Also has anyone ever had subs custom mounted onto their SC similar to how sc300 turbo has done it. I saw his website and if you have a second to check it out at www.sc300turbo.com look at how his subs are. I REALLY want the setup he has. Okay thanks guy

BIG ONKER.
Old 05-27-03, 04:40 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

your considering spending 900 bucks on 2 $75.00 12's and an amp? Where were you when i was planning my retirment?

Dude, the sc is not hard to wire, and the products your talking about go for a retail of $75.00 per sub and you could even buy a nice used US amps, Autotek, PPI, whatever amp for about half that price and get the most for your money and STILL have a few hundered left over.

Just say no
Old 05-27-03, 08:28 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

thanks for the advice mate, what set up do you tihnk i should get?

heres the way i see it right now

a) 2, 100 dollar 12inch subs (pref pioneer or alpine) with a box for both- 325 bucks
1, 700 watt amp (preferably rocksford or pioneer) - 300
set up kit- 100
install - no more than 125

total= 830

help me get this number lower!!! k thanks!
Old 05-27-03, 09:30 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any '1700 watt' amp you get for 300 bucks is garbage, plain and simple, and you have absolutely no need for power like that anyway, not to mention unless he's building you a very trick enclosure, you'll have no trunk left with a couple of 12's. Try an Alpine MRD-M500 or JL 500/1, and I recommend you stick with JL for the subs, a single 12W7 or a couple of 10W6v2's in a custom enclosure in your trunk, with the deck opened up a bit, would hit real nice. The rest of the car will sound like garbage of course, i'd do the front stage and rear fill first, (I like the Alpine MRV-F340 and F540 for this) especially since these cars have an oe sub, I think SQ should come before SPL, but it's your money...
Old 05-27-03, 10:24 PM
Tommyd1919
Lead Lap

Default heres my setup

Im not into the "bass" setups anymore. I use to be but now I am more into sound quality.. I also have a thing that I like all my stuff to match (speakers all the same, amps all the same, etc...). I also wanted to keep as much trunk space as possible considering the SC has a crazy small trunk anyways....So this is what I did... I took out the factory radio and put in a 7in panasonic fold out screen, under that I had a panasoic indash DVD/CD Tuner installed. Since there was a little extra room I removed the ashtrey and with ABS and a heat gun made a panel and flush mounted my SAFC.. Kinda cool because they all match in color... Then in the doors I removed the factory tweets and highs and installed Alpine Type S replacements. I then removed the factory sub and the factory speakers out the rear deck and replaced the mids with Alpine Type S replacements...Just left the hole for the factory sub and simply put the cover back over it... Then in the trunk on the drvers side I had a false panel made and flushed an Alpine V12 5 channel amp in removing the fatory trim piece I lost zero space doing this... Then on the pass. Side I removed the factory cd changer and had a box made to fit in that corner opposite the amp and mounted a Alpine Type S 12. Then carpeted everything to match and like that had a great sounding system with really no room being lost... Can still get to the spare with no problem... Well thats my setup... Just waned to share..
Old 05-28-03, 05:35 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

if you're going to replace your stock sub, and throw 2 10" in their, you would need free-air subs.. they cost about 60 bucks each on ebay. they're called: Pioneer IMPP
i have 2 in my car

check out my amps.

anyone that knows their car audio, will know how special those amps are

anyways, like the other guy say, any amp that say 1000WATTS for 200 bucks is BS.
as you can see from my setup, i have the same stock truck space.
my system has a perfect sound balance, not too much BOOM, and not too much HIGH.. just perfect hehe..
im also runing 4 componuts..
my amps are cool to the touch, compair to other compeator amps..

do alittle more resarch, i think the deal you got is a mad ripp off..
Old 05-28-03, 05:47 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Alpine

PIC 1
Attached Thumbnails I think im going to get this system..-mvc-020s.jpg  
Old 05-28-03, 05:48 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Alpine2