Sponsored by:

changing speakers in a '92 es

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-03, 09:44 AM
s.blanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing speakers in a '92 es

i need help knowing how to replace shock speakers w/ some nice aftermarket 1. i wood like to know how to do the front and the back. thanks alot!
Old 05-28-03, 09:53 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shawn, Welcome to CL.

We have an Electronics Forum, where you are more likely to find an answer to your question.

I'll move it for you.

For future posts, please take a look at our Main Forum List Page

Thanks
Old 05-28-03, 02:31 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default I've done this

It is much more simple than you might think, but if you want to do it right than be a little more specific. fac. head or aftermarket, fac. amp or aftermarket. That info would help a lot
Old 05-29-03, 11:57 AM
s.blanco
Driver School Candidate

well i want to put a new speaker in the front.(the door) and the back 2. then i also want to put a 12" in the trunk. so if you could help me that wood be great.

thanks alot!
Old 05-29-03, 10:37 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default yeah

That is cool and all, but are you going to keep the factory amp, because if not your going to want to run all new speaker wire, but if you are then there is no need. Also, if you use your factory head (which I would highly advise against if your going to add a sub), then you are going to have to get a line out converter since there is no rca for the sub's amp. With that in mind, if you use an aftermarket head then you will have to bypass your factory amp, or do what I did and not bother with bypassing it and just run new speaker wire to your head unit, or if your going to put and amp on them then to the amp. I used an amp because I needed to ( my head doesn't put out any power at all, just a source unit with a great signal), but you might want to use one just because (depending on the amp) your speakers will sound a lot better. As for TAKING OFF THE DOOR, <------ there are only a few screws holding it on there and a few more tention clips. I take the screws off that are by the vent first (they are covered with plastic covers). Then to the screw that is located in the inside of the handle you use to close the door (should also be covered by plasic piece). The rest is tention clips so you can just pop the door off, just remember to be kinda carefull. Also, don't forget to remove the cover for the handle and lock (kinda tricky)!!! I lift the door in an upward motion from the bottom because of the window lineing. As for the back speakers (6x9's) you have to remove the back bench to get to them (much more time consuming). Start by pulling up on the bottem bench in the front of it. First on one side and then the other. Then just pull it out. You will see a bolt on the bottom of the back support on both sides after removing the bottom half of the back seat. Undo the bolts and lift the back bench up from the bottom (if there is any more visable bolts connected to the seat then undo those to, I may have forgoten some since I havn't done this for about a month). Back seat should be totally out by now. You will also have to take out the vinyl pieces on the left and right side. They are held in place by tention clips (these pieces are the ones that would be to the side of your head if you were sitting in the back seat). Next is the back cover were the brake light is. You'll have to just wrestle with that because I dont remember where the screws are or if there is any, might be just tension clips. Now remember, this is ALL from my head so if something doesn't seem right then ask a question. I am almost sure this isn't all you'll need to know for the simple fact that I probably forgot something. Hope this helps, and if not tuff ****.