Sponsored by:

SC300 stereo install

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-03, 12:15 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default All ordered...

I have ordered everything this past wk and it should all be in a few days, and I would have it all in or mostly in by the end of the month, I am still looking for idea's for my cap and amp install, anyone ?? I want a good setup, cool looking and something that is not too hard, or something that is totally stealth so you don't know its there... Please let me know if anyone has some ideas....

Thanx again
Shawn
Old 06-25-03, 07:11 PM
sld
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my XRs....well, actually, I love my entire system
Old 06-28-03, 02:54 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default Few more questions...

I have everything as of this past Friday, now I just had a few questions on the setup before I start...

1) Running the power wire from the battery to the trunk ?? Is there anywhere I can put it through without having to drill into the firewall ?? For the SC owners who have a upgraded system, When you ran or had the power cable run do you know where it was put into the firewall ???

2) About the pioneer stock equipment.... I have some line converters (wire to RCA) so that I can keep my factory head unit and hook up the new Alpine 5 Ch amp... My question is do I need to keep the 2 factory amps hooked up or can I get rid of them ???

3) I have seen a few SC where the trunk has been totally redone, where all of the factory carpeted panels have been removed and replaced and redone in a new setup, Where would I have this done at... The custom stereo shops in town here only do carpet over wood type of setups.... I wanted to maybe get something similar to Jeff's SC300Turbo setup in his trunk...

LINK to Jeff's "SC300Turbo" setup
Hope Jeff doesn’t mind me referencing to one of his pics...

Thanx again for the help
Shawn
Old 07-02-03, 07:42 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Few more questions...

Originally posted by asnatlas
1) Running the power wire from the battery to the trunk ?? Is there anywhere I can put it through without having to drill into the firewall ?? For the SC owners who have a upgraded system, When you ran or had the power cable run do you know where it was put into the firewall ???

2) About the pioneer stock equipment.... I have some line converters (wire to RCA) so that I can keep my factory head unit and hook up the new Alpine 5 Ch amp... My question is do I need to keep the 2 factory amps hooked up or can I get rid of them ???

Thanx again for the help
Shawn
Anyone ?? I am looking for some help here.... I wanted to get started, but wanted to make sure I got everything covered before I do, So I don't run into any issues....

Thanx all
Shawn
Old 07-04-03, 08:34 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default About 1/2 done...

Well I have my 4awg power wire ran back to the trunk along with the components installed and most of my Dynamat installed... I still need to finish the sound dampening with the Dynamat and carpet padding along with the front component install and then try a few diff things on how to mount my Amp and Cap in the trunk.... I will let you all know more, also if you have any questions please let me know, and I will try to answer them as best I can... I will also have pics up as soon as I am done with everything.....

Shawn
Old 07-17-03, 11:40 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default UPDATE

Just for those of you who are keeping tabs on this thread... I am sorry for the long delay on an update... I have all the sound dampening installed and all the speakers installed... While I was looking at my options for mounting my Amp / Cap I decided to hold off on the audio install and pick up my CAR PC project I was throwing around... Well with the waiting on the PC parts I needed and working this past wk and the 7 days straight coming up I will be picking up my car project(s) prob Thursday of next wk and I will be doing a custom install on my trunk for my amp, cap, and now ITX motherboard... But I have not scraped this I am just upgrading it a little and with work there are some delays, But I will have more updates will some as soon as I have time to do my install(s).....

Shawn
Old 08-18-03, 01:11 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

hey shawn, how's your project going? do you have any pictures? I'm gonna work on my sub soon so I'm getting lots of information. how did you install your sub? free-air or in the box? how's the sound?

I haven't planned how I'm gonna do yet but I wanna plan ahead so I can get ready.
Old 08-18-03, 06:52 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Taka
hey shawn, how's your project going? do you have any pictures? I'm gonna work on my sub soon so I'm getting lots of information. how did you install your sub? free-air or in the box? how's the sound?

I haven't planned how I'm gonna do yet but I wanna plan ahead so I can get ready.
Well Taka, I am behind alot... I been working too much and I just got back from some out of state training classes so I have not done much to my car since my last update... I have the 5 1/4's and the Sub mounted but since I am installed a PC I do not have any working sound yet. Once I get some time off to work on my car I will be installing my ITX motherboard and from there it will be hooked to my audio system and I will have pics and alot of info for everyone... I have been working a avg of 60hrs a wk and on the few days I do get off I haven’t felt like touching my car or have had other stuff come up... I am hoping to get time this wk ending to finishing it up or at least get some more done on my install.... I see you have a 93 SC400 so you prob know that we have a stock 10" air free... I just replaced the stock sub with a JL 10ib4 with a wood spacer because the magnet on the JL is quite a bit bigger then the stock... As for the quality of it I can’t not say personally since I am not fully done but from what I have heard from others the JL is a nice addition... The JL may be hard to find and you could go with the Pioneer air free one, I am not sure on the model # right now but if you do a search and find it a few of our SC owners have went with that one and like it... The main differences on the JL vs the Pioneer are the ohms JL = 8ohms and the Pioneer is 4ohms also since the ohm is twice as high on the JL it is only 100watts RMS as the Pioneer is 200watts RMS... I personally am not looking for people 1/2 a block away to hear my music I am just looking for a good well rounded system and little more bass then stock had... I hope I have answered all your questions if I missed anything or did not go in-depth enough please let me know or if you have anything else come to mind....

Shawn