Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Help ! PS2 in Glovebox

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-03 | 10:32 PM
Cosm
Pole Position

Default Help ! PS2 in Glovebox

Mods if this is in the wrong forum I apologize. I need some help in putting a playstation 2 in my glovebox and would like some help as far as installing it ( where and how ) and any pics anybody can find with a ps2 in the glovebox of a gs Thanks.
Old 06-15-03 | 03:15 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

As far as I was told by a few reputable stereo shops, the PS2 wont fit in the glove box. They said that they couldnt put it in the part that drops down because of the movement, so most have mounted them in the part of the back seat that folds down. Im sure if you dont mind hacking up your glove box you can find some way to mount it in there but it will probably require a lot of work. Not worth it for me, thats why I didnt do it.

rich
Old 06-15-03 | 10:54 PM
Cosm
Pole Position

I am pretty sure that I have seen others do it on this board and some saying by using the factory cd changer brackets I know for a fact that it could be done as I read the post here and people were talking about not being able to close the gb without removing the controllers first. I read it before the change of this site so I don't know if it got lost or what but I took out my glovebox and tried fitting my ps2 in there and it almost fits but will need some modification with a dremel first. I hope somebody might know how exactly before I chop mine up. Thanks for the reply though
Old 06-15-03 | 11:31 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Cosm
I am pretty sure that I have seen others do it on this board and some saying by using the factory cd changer brackets I know for a fact that it could be done as I read the post here and people were talking about not being able to close the gb without removing the controllers first. I read it before the change of this site so I don't know if it got lost or what but I took out my glovebox and tried fitting my ps2 in there and it almost fits but will need some modification with a dremel first. I hope somebody might know how exactly before I chop mine up. Thanks for the reply though
Sean,
why not have it dissassembled and fiberglassed into your Glovebox....your a baller, cmon man.

Or on a more realistic note, have it dissassembled like Rico's GS,and put it inside your armrest. And have the controller ports molded into the side.
Old 06-16-03 | 08:42 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up in my glove box

its in the position where my factory changer is located, with a box built around it and vinyl covered. its tucked in nicely, and it doesn't have any trouble closing at all. i had a invertor switch made where i turn it on before the ps2 will work. It turned out nice...only thing i don't like is the fact i can't close the box with the controllers sticking out. Most the time it sits open...which isn't that bad.
Old 06-16-03 | 07:33 PM
Cosm
Pole Position

do you have a pic of it ? Thanks