Sponsored by:

Flush mounted Dash Monitor Project :GS400

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-04, 02:03 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by bchau_gt
Also, hopefully I'll get to meet you and other members in the future since I live in the Bay Area.
Thanks.
You can meet up with Glen and other locals if you come here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=119678

Old 05-23-04, 02:17 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you please provide some more details such as:
* Type of wood used
* Brand of bondo, primer, and paint
* Tools you use to fabricate aluminum brackets
* Where to get the aluminum and other tools/materials (I have access to routers, saws, and other tools since a friend of mine builds decks for a living now)
I'll answer some of these since I worked closely with RMMGS4 on this project.

wood: MDF
bondo brand bondo not sure if there are other brands.
duplicolor sandable primer and duplicolor hi-build sandable primer filler
paint was a SEM textured black paint I believe. I think he got it at Hayward Color.

I'll let RMMGS4 chime in on the tools since they were practically all his. From my recollection, router, table saw, jig-saw with metal cutting blade, dremmel...

hope that helps a bit....hopefully you can make the meet that neo posted a link to ...and oh welcome to clublexus!
Old 05-23-04, 02:35 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info. Maybe you guys can help me fabricate some kind of dash mount.

I learned about the NorCal meet from Tunedparts.com and IS300.net, which I browse more frequently. I think I'll have to start coming here more often too. (I already spend most of my waking hours browsing IS300 forums. ) The only thing is, I was even thinking about driving down to SoCal on 6/27 for the Carson Toyota/Rotora sponsered meet.

We'll see what I decide to do that weekend. I look forward to meeting some of you.
Old 05-26-04, 11:21 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info. Maybe you guys can help me fabricate some kind of dash mount.

I learned about the NorCal meet from Tunedparts.com and IS300.net, which I browse more frequently. I think I'll have to start coming here more often too. I look forward to meeting some of you.
.NET and Tuned Parts are good sources for information, but the local NorCal folk who are "hooked up" are those that participate in our local meets and get to know us personally. The core NorCal group (6 people), collectively has over 60 years of modding experience and getting parts / labor deals on Lexus cars. You can only get so much out of living in cyberspace. Meeting people in person has its advantages. Attend and ask and you shall know.

The only thing is, I was even thinking about driving down to SoCal on 6/27 for the Carson Toyota/Rotora sponsered meet.
Again, the NorCal folk usually have an organized caravan to attend this meet every year, but due to special circumstances, we are not going. PM me for more info, as to why.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-26-04 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-26-04, 11:15 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RMMGS4
.NET and Tuned Parts are good sources for information, but the local NorCal folk who are "hooked up" are those that participate in our local meets and get to know us personally. The core NorCal group (6 people), collectively has over 60 years of modding experience and getting parts / labor deals on Lexus cars. You can only get so much out of living in cyberspace. Meeting people in person has its advantages. Attend and ask and you shall know.

Again, the NorCal folk usually have an organized caravan to attend this meet every year, but due to special circumstances, we are not going. PM me for more info, as to why.
Hey Glen, I will try my best to attend the meet in NorCal at the end of June. I've started to browse this site more often already. Again, I look forward to meeting more NorCal members in person in the future.
Old 01-26-12, 12:15 AM
kondratus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exellent job!
Old 01-26-12, 01:16 AM
RuninRoach
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

wow...7 year old thread bump....i wonder what he's up to and if the SC upgrade ever happened?
Old 01-26-12, 06:15 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

lol they make a dash kit for the Gs now... but custom always stands out... heres the 9'' monitor i put in a few yrs back..
Attached Thumbnails Flush mounted Dash Monitor Project :GS400-img_0013.jpg   Flush mounted Dash Monitor Project :GS400-img_0011.jpg