Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

06' IS steering wheel into a 98' GS (full info and pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-20, 04:48 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks Tank! You opened a dope can of worms.
Now to the Pac for audio.

Tell me if I got ot right.
Android deck. 2 wires used to input commands aftet going through the learning.

I have one spare on the Ariato 6pin plug that I dont know what its for. Might be illumination to the steering.

The pac box. Did uou leave it inside the steering or down under the dash?

Im askIng cuz that will determine if i need a clockspring and harness for the column.

Let me know please.

Tomorriw ill be paddle shiftibg ti work..yee haw!!

The buttons never felt natural. The paddles seem promising.

Old 10-02-20, 09:57 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Default Is250 350 steering audio control info

Tank, i would like to know if the steering audio control on the IS250 350 wheel have resistors built into thd unit or is the PAC insrrting resistors betwern sterting and head unit.
i am asking because i am usibg thd 6 or 7 pin clockspring and may havd to changd clickspring but i would like to use as lityld wire runs as posdible.
ill go through your posts again to see if i pick up something i may have missed but for now i think for me the next step is getting all the seperate wires into z clustet of 2 wires only aftet pasding a resistor through each one . Also, is the input voltage 5v or 12.

Can you recommend resistor values . Ohms and any othet soec like watts etv.

Thsnks Tank🙂
Old 10-03-20, 09:53 AM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Resistor values are not needed. The PAC automatically picks up each function (button) via the connected resistor output voltage.
You will need to wire in the resistors in order for the pac to function properly. the resistors allow the button functions to travel to the radio using only one wire. It picks up the different resistor voltage assigned to each button.
If you have a 7 pin clock spring (not counting the air bag pins) let me know I've been looking for a 7 pin that would fit my steering column. I had to add a wire to enable the dimming feature on my steering wheel buttons.
what input voltage are you talking about? for the PAC? needs to be conected to 12v.
The IS steering wheel definately has resistors built in to the button circuitry but not in a way that will impead what you are trying to acomplish.

Originally Posted by Arussto
Tank, i would like to know if the steering audio control on the IS250 350 wheel have resistors built into thd unit or is the PAC insrrting resistors betwern sterting and head unit.
i am asking because i am usibg thd 6 or 7 pin clockspring and may havd to changd clickspring but i would like to use as lityld wire runs as posdible.
ill go through your posts again to see if i pick up something i may have missed but for now i think for me the next step is getting all the seperate wires into z clustet of 2 wires only aftet pasding a resistor through each one . Also, is the input voltage 5v or 12.

Can you recommend resistor values . Ohms and any othet soec like watts etv.

Thsnks Tank🙂
Old 10-03-20, 09:57 AM
Tank
Racer

Thanks Tank! You opened a dope can of worms.
Now to the Pac for audio.

Tell me if I got ot right.
Android deck. 2 wires used to input commands aftet going through the learning.

I have one spare on the Ariato 6pin plug that I dont know what its for. Might be illumination to the steering.

The pac box. Did uou leave it inside the steering or down under the dash?

Im askIng cuz that will determine if i need a clockspring and harness for the column.

Let me know please.

Tomorriw ill be paddle shiftibg ti work..yee haw!!

The buttons never felt natural. The paddles seem promising.
I cant tell you what that extra pin is for on the Aristo. I dont have one so I never needed to find out.
My PAC is burried in the dash some were. just make sure yours is accessable incase it needs to be re-programed for some reason.
I cant tell you wires that are used for the PAC to talk to your radio as I dont have an Android deck.
Old 10-13-20, 09:37 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

So i put an Android on thd table and hooked it up.

Removed the audio control from thd IS steering wheel and took to bench.

Turns out the the Android Key 1 and Key 2 wires indeed output a 3.5 volt.

So hooked key1 to the brown wire of the IS SWC module and the white to ground.

Then using the Android SWC learn function....got vol up & down seek up & seek down all working.

That means only one wire from SWC to spiral clock spring controls 4 functions.
I will go after mode tomorrow as I am limited to the green wire which may be spare for phone as you mentioned. Unless i change clickspring and column harness.

Cheers

Last edited by Arussto; 10-14-20 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-08-21, 05:58 PM
Tank
Racer

Default Update

I have since upgraded the IS wheel adding a dimming feature and changing the button LEDs.
check my build thread for more info.
Old 07-18-21, 05:03 AM
Arussto
Intermediate

What voltage do the leds get? Im going to ck the led write up now.

10 mins later edit...
i hoping just tapping power off a dimable source into the leds would light up my life.

Ckd yourvLed write up for thr cluster bit not seeing the relationship as the steering already has leds.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by Arussto; 07-18-21 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-10-21, 07:48 AM
Tank
Racer

What voltage do the leds get? Im going to ck the led write up now.

10 mins later edit...
i hoping just tapping power off a dimable source into the leds would light up my life.

Ckd yourvLed write up for thr cluster bit not seeing the relationship as the steering already has leds.

Am I missing something?
For the steering wheel LEDs to light and dim I modded the clock spring and added another conncection using the wireing from an extra clock spring. Dont try it unless your willing to take the risk of your clock spring popping..lol. It wasnt easy and for me it ended up being kinda ****ty but I'll use it that way for now until I find out a better way to do it.
I connected the buttons to the dimming circuit.
I dont recall what LED's I used to change the color of the buttons but I'm sure I posted it somehwhere..lol.