Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

In need of an alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-03 | 04:44 PM
jewelerz
Rookie

Default In need of an alarm

I just picked up my SC400 ('93) and the first thing i want to do is get an alarm installed. Any suggestions on what type would provide me maximum security? and most of all reliable in a sense of not malfunctioning and leaving me stuck out!!!! Happened to me before and it wasn't a pleasurable experience......

thanx

jewelz
Old 06-22-03 | 01:33 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Id just suggest one of the new 'Paging style' alarm systems....

Remember: With Alarms, 80% is in the install
Old 06-22-03 | 08:46 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

yep that would be my suggestion also....

CEO
Old 06-24-03 | 05:57 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

DEI Viper 790

Goodstuff

Has paging and remote start. The only downside is it costs $500 not including install.
Old 06-24-03 | 07:25 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

I'll do it for $525 plus bypass (if you have a later model SC), I agree w/ Em, 80% is in the install, we've done dozens of them already.
Old 06-24-03 | 08:27 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

it says you just picked up a 93. well, there are a few decent alarms. i personally don't like the viper. we used to R.T.V. 5 a week that wouldnt work, strait from the box. I am not big on working on the 93 style sc because of the delayed double pulse unlock needed to kep the factory alarm and use the aftermarket one also. I'm a fan of keeping the factory hooked up because the horn is loud as heck and coupled with the siren, it makes a heckuva attention getter. all you have to do is touch the handle and you get both alarms in your face. I've had no inetgration problems since i built a small timed double kick relay circut for the doorlock interface. above all make certain you choose as good of an installer as you do an alarm. the average joe blow installer will never figure out the proper way to interface the factory alarm and the doorlocks won't unlock from rest without repeatedly disarming the alarm.

Since i wanted to use any alarm i pleased, i simply timed a double kick relay to pulse twice, 3 seconds apart. works like a charm.
Old 06-25-03 | 07:59 AM
SCLEX
Pole Position

I like the Clifford Solaris, thats what I have on my 93 SC400, and Its awesome. It has Auto start, Smart windows 4, so it will put the windows up or down, or vent them, extended range antenna, works from really far away (sometimes a bad thing) and you can program it however you want, whatever siren sounds you want, etc. Its kinda expensive, but mine was a christmas present from a friend. -Richard
Old 06-27-03 | 03:04 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default Damn SCLEX...

LOL SCLEX, can I be friends with your friend I want a $500.00 alarm as a gift ROFL, I am j/k but I did have a few questions for you, I was looking at the Clifford along with the COMUSTAR, I know they are pretty much the same, but the COMPUSTAR has a long range on it then the Clifford and is like 200 or so more... I work in a bomb proof and blah blah blah, what I am getting to is the walls on my work building are very thick and I was wondering if I could use the Clifford from inside and if it would be able to work, I know the COMPUSTAR will work because a co-worker has it.... He does not like the COMPUSTAR much and also I like the Clifford better, so that is why I am asking.....

Thanx in advance
Shawn