Sponsored by:

Audio problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-18, 06:02 AM
JB84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio problem

Hi hope somebody can help me out. This is for a 2006 is350, I had a sub installed awhile back and it was working well. I went on a road trip then after pumping gas the whole radio stopped working. No audio at all. Now I get no audio at all but on random days it would turn on and the radio, sub woofer would work fine. Turn car off and back on then back to no audio. Somebody told me it might be a bad factory amp but why does it work sometime then? I tried looking on ebay and there was factory pioneer amp and an amp signal transmitter? Any feedback would be great Thank you.
Old 08-21-18, 05:32 PM
goomz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 12 year old amp in trunk pass side is most likely going bad.
Old 08-24-18, 02:12 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by JB84
Hi hope somebody can help me out. This is for a 2006 is350, I had a sub installed awhile back and it was working well. I went on a road trip then after pumping gas the whole radio stopped working. No audio at all. Now I get no audio at all but on random days it would turn on and the radio, sub woofer would work fine. Turn car off and back on then back to no audio. Somebody told me it might be a bad factory amp but why does it work sometime then? I tried looking on ebay and there was factory pioneer amp and an amp signal transmitter? Any feedback would be great Thank you.
When you say no audio at all, does the headunit still display something or does it shut off?

It very well could be the amp going bad but have you checked the connections/wiring at the amp - are they connected and tight? Over time, the connections may have gotten loose with driving over bumps and perhaps steering hard. Knock on wood, on my old car I still have an Alpine amp from 2007 (so roughly 11 years ago) that's still going strong, powering my 2 subs.
Old 08-27-18, 08:36 AM
JB84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the radio unit itself still displays everything like normal. Once in a while if I keep hitting the power button on and off the audio will come on. You can hear a static sound when you keep pushing the power button on and off if that makes sense? I'll check the wiring again but when I took it in the first time the guy checked it all and said it was fine. If it's the amp do I have to get a factory one or can I go after market? I believe when I looked on ebay it was like 300ish for a used one. Would suck buying it and go thru the same problem later.
Old 09-06-18, 07:48 AM
goomz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JB84
Yes the radio unit itself still displays everything like normal. Once in a while if I keep hitting the power button on and off the audio will come on. You can hear a static sound when you keep pushing the power button on and off if that makes sense? I'll check the wiring again but when I took it in the first time the guy checked it all and said it was fine. If it's the amp do I have to get a factory one or can I go after market? I believe when I looked on ebay it was like 300ish for a used one. Would suck buying it and go thru the same problem later.
ebay all the way, just make sure they have a return policy