Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

How do I get the best deal on SiriusXm?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-18, 08:51 AM
HotRod2
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile How do I get the best deal on SiriusXm?

The trial period on our SiriusXm is going to be over before long. I have seen articles on the web that you can get a deal that works out to ~$5/mo by threatening to cancel your service; however, I like most of you are coming off of a free trial, so I can't cancel.

What's the cheapest way to subscribe after the end of the trial period?

BTW, we don't use the Streaming just Sat in the GS...
Old 09-27-18, 11:34 AM
bigdizave
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't actually have to cancel. You just call and say you will, they they offer you the deal. I usually get the 6 months for $30. Then I mark my calendar to call a few days before it renews to do the same thing again. I've been doing this for 2+ years now and it always works.
The following users liked this post:
meccan0ble (11-30-18)
Old 09-29-18, 07:26 PM
Coolchuck
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

I get that $5/month offer probably once a week; haven't signed up yet. You will probably start getting emails with that offer right before your trial expires. If not, call them up and see what they can offer. Just keep declining until you get that offer.
Old 11-16-18, 05:13 PM
tm14930
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got the better deal today..$4.99 a month for 12 months. After being out for 3 months, I took it.(140 channels)

Last edited by tm14930; 11-17-18 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-19-19, 03:00 PM
Steve300h
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Getting close to our expiration date. An offer for 3 more months FREE! (Their exclamation not mine) came today. I think I'll take it and mark my Calendar for 2.8 months from now to use the above advice.

The offer is at siriusxm.com/ExtraTime3 if anyone is interested,
Old 04-20-19, 12:21 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

Be careful doing this as I’ve had customers tell me that as soon as the six months for $30 deal ended they were charged full price.
Old 05-05-19, 11:07 AM
coachguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sirius XM

I call the main number and ask to speak to the retention group, this group usually answers in the Philippines (?) and they give a pretty decent discount. I get the all-access for $149. usd. for a year.
Old 05-17-19, 09:14 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Be careful doing this as I’ve had customers tell me that as soon as the six months for $30 deal ended they were charged full price.
They always do that. If they had your credit card number they will just start charging you a higher amount you never agreed to as soon as it expires which is really shady. You have to call them, tell them you are going to cancel and also tell them you never agreed to the higher rate and want the money refunded or to take it off the new rate you agree to. I made sure they don't charge my credit card anymore and took it off their file and only pay by check. I also tell them I am not paying the extra charges they are hitting me with when they re newed my service until the time I negotiated the new rate. By the time I get the notice, my subscription normally has run out and I go through this negotiation every 5 or 6 months which is annoying but they will give you the rate for about $5 a month.

If you want Howard Stern you normally have to pay a good deal more a month, the only way you can get the lower rate is if you have a Sirius only tuner(can't do it with XM or Sirius/XM compatible radio/tuner) for some ridiculous reason so I have to buy and use a older school Sirius only tuner(there is really only 1 model available now that is Sirius only) in order to get the rate with Howard Stern, I just had to get a new old school Sirius tuner around Christmas because my other one's antenna wire broke at the connector that I have had for over 10 years. In order to get Howard Stern and the lower rate I can not have Sirius running directly through my car because the GS is XM, not just Sirius.