Sponsored by:

AVH-P7500DVD or Alpine IVA-D900

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-03, 11:26 AM
Carolinaboy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVH-P7500DVD or Alpine IVA-D900

I have been looking to buy an in dash video monitor for a while. I also want to hook up the navigaiton unit to it. I have looked at two particular models... The ALpine IVA-D900 and the Pionner AVH-P7500DVD. The AVH-P7500DVD features touchscreen and has a built in tv tuner. I also heard that there is a unit for the Pioneer that you can upload your own pictures to display on the screen. I would be looking to buy the avic-80 navigation unit. The Alpine headunit, even though it isn't touchscreen, I have heard is one of the best units on the market with the best screen. Both are 7 inch and I was wondering what everyone's opinions of these two models are. How is the navigation on each unit? Which is easier to control? which has better features. Thanks for all your suggestions
Old 07-26-03, 03:56 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen both of these screens and the Alpine cant be touched. The resolution on the alpine is amazing. A good friend of mine just put the alpine in his Navigator and this thing is amazing. I think all around it is the best monitor head unit out right now, and not just because of the screen resolution. Although the 1.15 mil pixels is pretty nice
Old 07-26-03, 08:55 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

The Alpine has the best screen resolution but the Pioneer is still pretty darn good and the touch screen and controls are much better. My friend had an older Alpine and the Nav was excellent but the controls were just way to cumbersome and I never got used to using it so I'm going Pioneer for my setup (7500 with the nav).
Old 07-28-03, 05:14 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

The Alpine is defenitely the best resolution out there, I have the Kenwood touch screen and it is a great feauture. I would recommend the Pioneer, you get more bang for your buck. I sell both in my shop and we sell 2 Pioneers to every one Alpine because of the price difference. PM me if you want to look into getting one of these, I can help you out.
Old 10-13-03, 11:47 PM
maxGS
Driver School Candidate

Default Pioneer 7500 and Pioneer 80

i'm going to get these install in my GS, so excited from the sales presentation, the navi is a must have, can't get lost with it. i'll response to the system when i play more with it.
Old 10-14-03, 06:48 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Here's my take on this: Alpine is still stuck on "simple". They haven't taken any steps to make their flip out units exciting to look at. The graphics are still boring and tuning is still pretty limited. Alpine's design also hasn't changed to much over the years. However, I do think that Alpine took a huge step by producing the 1 million pixels res. The clarity cannot be touched. If you watch a ton of movies, this unit is for you! It's nice to look at, but you will only notice the clarity when it's side by side next to another unit. And still, it's not a huge difference to the naked eye. It reminds me of HDTV. (get my drift)...If the price of the Alpine comes down, it might be a good buy. Right now, it's still too expensive. With Alpine you get excellent quality, nice warranty, a solid unit. On the other hand, Pioneer has taken a risk by adding a ton of features and gadgets to their new unit. If you love graphics, a touch screen, built in TV tuner, and blue lights, then this unit is for you. However, the average person will not be able to work this unit without reading the manual a few times. Because of all the features and different screens, it may cause you to go crazy. Also, this unit has a wide range of tuning abilities which means that you need a professional in audio tuning to make it right. Basically, both units have their Pro's and Con's. It all depends on what type of person yyou are. Pioneer has the "cool" features whereas Alpine has the more "solid" features. What does this mean? In the long run, Pioneer will probably break first do to all the gadgets that could go wrong. Alpine has a proven record of going the distance. Either way, both units are the best for their company!

Side note: I spent countless hours researching and viewing both units before I bought the Pioneer.

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 10-15-03 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-14-03, 07:03 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Here are the two units....

Old 10-14-03, 09:36 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Alpine is nice
Old 10-15-03, 09:48 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Definately go with the alpine hands-down ! I have the Alpine IVA-C800 as my unit right now and the D900 has way better resolution than mine.