Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

99 GS audio upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-03 | 05:23 PM
maxi-milli
Rookie

Default 99 GS audio upgrade

First things first. I am a new owner of a 1999 silver GS 400 (I am so happy I pick the 400). I love it. The first problem i ran into was the radio lcd fade out ( i have read this is pretty common). The dealer order another radio and installed it.
My question is on an aftermarket radio, amplifer, sub, install. I have a alpine TV/radio/Navi (I cant remmember the model number) 2 eclipse amp,crossover and eclipse Subs, from my last car(97 nissan Max). How many speakers does the car have, where? What size aftermarket door speaker will fit, what size dash speakers fit . If the rear dash speaker is a sub what midrange speaker can i replace it with. Will I have to change all the interior speaker which are 2ohm or can i use the stock and run them off of one of the eclipse amps. I have read that there is a stock amp were are they located. Can I jump the speaker connections from the doors, behind the radio or will I have to pull the door pannels off and jump the speaker wire (before the stock amp) and run it into the trunk. (I hope I am making sense!) I looked on Crutchfeild and found no info for our car. I order the wire harness, and dash kit already from autotoys, and check on their site for install info on thier forum but got frustrated because you have to be a member and some of the pics were missing.
I know the Maxima and the GS are in to different leagues, but who hard is the install. I remember with the Max to get to the rear dash speakers you had to remove the rear seats and rear dash cover because the
speaker was mount from under neat (this was annoying). Is the the install of the rear similiar.
Anyone with a similiar set up and easy trick please holla back.I know I asked so many question, But I really appreciate any response. I sorry I'm new to this car. The post is very long I know. Please help. thankyou