Sponsored by:

NAV unit replaced, now menus different

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-03, 10:53 PM
kaetamer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV unit replaced, now menus different

Heard a loud whining in the trunk, the service manager said it was the NAV unit, and they replaced it telling me I was lucky it was under warranty since it cost over $3000. I get half-way home from the dealer and the whine starts up again. Back to the dealer, they discover it's the fan on the amplifier. They replace that. Whine gone. Problem is, the menus on the NAV screen now don't match the menus in the book that came with the car and it seems to have less options and less utility. The arrow representing the car won't stop blinking and it's VERY distracting. There's no option for French or English and while I can't speak French it's proof of a change in the unit.

Are there versions of the unit? Did they replace my unit with a different version from a different year or meant for a different model?

Any idea just exactly what it was in the truck they replaced? All I can see is a DVD player though I am loathe to take the whole thing apart.

While they had my car, they scuffed the speaker grilles, the door sills, the handle on the inside of my door and my seat. To their credit, they detailed the interior for free and it's nice and clean again. I just don't think they want to see me again. I called to thank them for cleaning my car and when I said my name he replied "Amethyst 430, right?"

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-13-03, 11:24 PM
kaetamer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV unit replaced, now menus different

Just to close the loop - it turned out to be the wrong version of the software.

They have order the "Generation 3" software for me.