Sponsored by:

Bluetooth 'OFF' can't get it 'ON'

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-19, 03:23 PM
Cald
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth 'OFF' can't get it 'ON'

2016 NX200t; Bluetooth is "OFF" with phone icon in screen upper right cross-out in red; Appropriate menu screen to turn on the Bluetooth back on shows 'BLUETOOTH POWER' grey'ed out; Tried disconnecting the battery (reconnecting after > 1 hour) in order to reboot the system did not correct this issue. 'BLUETOOTH POWER' still grey'ed out; This is a car problem not a phone problem; The only reference to this issue that I could find in the Forum was over two years ago however no solution was ever posted; Any ideas - other than "take it to a dealer" - would be appreciated. Thks
Old 08-15-19, 08:29 AM
Cald
Driver School Candidate

Default answer

Thk you to those who read my initial post.
Problem solved (by excellent techie soninlaw). This is a phone issue after all. Remove/delete the phone entirely from the car's 'cloud' (so there is no longer a PIN being searched for). Go to Lexus Bluetooth screen and 'ADD' a new phone (it's the old phone obviously but it's going to appear to be a new phone to the system). The phone will see Lexus NX (the car is sending out a signal even though the car Bluetooth is off) and now go through the connect in the normal manner. You will note that the Bluetooth 'power on' will now be visible AND that it has already been toggled to 'ON'.
Old 09-01-22, 07:06 PM
RigoZacapa
2nd gear

Default Bluetooth Power ON !

Originally Posted by Cald
Thk you to those who read my initial post.
Problem solved (by excellent techie soninlaw). This is a phone issue after all. Remove/delete the phone entirely from the car's 'cloud' (so there is no longer a PIN being searched for). Go to Lexus Bluetooth screen and 'ADD' a new phone (it's the old phone obviously but it's going to appear to be a new phone to the system). The phone will see Lexus NX (the car is sending out a signal even though the car Bluetooth is off) and now go through the connect in the normal manner. You will note that the Bluetooth 'power on' will now be visible AND that it has already been toggled to 'ON'.

Hello , i have a problem with my lexus lx 570 2019 Bluetooth Power is “off” and grayed out and won’t allow me to turn ON. I already factory reset Lexus System Settings and even disconnect the baterry for about 2 minutes to reset whole system , and still does not appear the bluethooth on my phone i’Ve tried with different phones and different brands and nothing. I was going to buy another Radio Reciever and apperently theres a special bluethooth module that powers the bluethooth HELP