Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL...Maybe he had that welded in too
Old 08-25-03, 02:41 PM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by engin_ear
Retro, how the he!! do you hold your rear windshield in without blowing it to the moon???!!!
I only have one MAX facing upwards, and I'm constantly nervous about damaging the rear windshield...
It takes a great deal of pressure to blow out your windshield. I tried.

Anyways...back to the original question. The 10" or 12" IDMAX are great subwoofers. In IB-applications...it'll provide a lot of low-end and accuracy.
Old 08-25-03, 07:10 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine is a little different. The rear deck is cut out and there is a thick baffle molded to it (fiberglass and bondo for shaping, silicone to seal and bolts to hold). Maxes are screwed to the baffle and the whole thing is pretty solid. There is no problem with rear window
If you can fit 12's use them instead of 10's. they have much more low end subbass. If you are going to compete you need all the subbass you can get to get good scores.
Old 08-27-03, 12:34 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah I gotta admit that while you can do great things with fiberglass enclosures, the fabrication process is no fun. That cottony white stuff you see in the pic gets EVERYWHERE! If it is your first time, be prepared for a big mess.

The end result sounds great, but does not convey the hours and hours of setup, glassing, layering, bondo-ing, sanding, etc. etc.

Old 08-27-03, 12:44 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself...hE!! no. I'll barely fix a small ding on my surfboard. Fiberglass work, I leave to the professionals

Nice job you did though, now you only have a days worth of work of bondo, sanding...then to the body shop, if you're going to paint it that is.

I have a friend that does installs. Going to make my fiber box for pretty cheap (minus the paint and finishing sanding).

Thanks for the pics...looks good. Post a final pic when you're done, I'm anxious to see it.