Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

My ideal config for my 00' GS A/V system is one touch screen interface for all ctrls.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-03, 08:43 AM
DEREKC
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default My ideal config for my 00' GS A/V system is one touch screen interface for all ctrls.

My ideal config for my 00' GS300 A/V system is one touch screen interface for all controls - including NAVI, DVD changer, TV tuner, MP3/DVD/Radio.
The 8" touch screen to be flush mounted on my 2-din dash opening (so that the AC controls still reachable and AC air still flows) and the Nav system and DVD Changer units to be in the trunk, and the screenless TV/DVD/CD/Radio to be in the glove compartment. Also two 6.5" LCD monitors (not necessarily touch screen) on the headrests.

The in dash touch screen should be able to control everything. The screenless TV/DVD/Radio receiver in the compartment needs not to be touched except for changing that one DVD or CD. Or even ideally this receiver can be just a hide-away unit and I don't need the DVD/CD (since the changer will take care of it.)

There will also be a portable DVD player flush mounted on to the center armrest for the rear passenger and they can operate the DVD player independently. Looks like the hide-away unit with the Alpine 6.5" has plenty of A/V input/output for that feature.

Backup camera to be hooked up too. But instead of viewing the rear, I am thinking about mounting it high on the rear window with some kind of wide-angle lens so that it gives me the complete view of what is behind, including two left and right blind spots and I can view everything on screen even I am on "D".
Maybe another camera pointing at my new born baby so that I don't have to turn head to check him out?

Looks like all components need to be from one brand for tight integration.
Can this be done currently or I still have to wait? Does it look like a dream for everyone?
Are the manufacturers working on something like this?

I hate to buy things and end up it doesn't work for my configuration.

Which brand of DVD changer will fit in the place where the stock NAK changer is without drilling or cutting my plastic?

Thanks for you comment.
Old 09-04-03, 09:42 PM
DEREKC
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Am I the only one who wants a flush mount screen...

Am I the only one who wants a flush mount screen on my GS and finds no place for the headunit?
Don't you hate those siver mismatching looking flip-up HU blocking the AC ***** and air outlet?

How about adding a pod on or under the dash so that you can install a 1-din HU?
How about mounting the faceplate of a face-detachable HU on the leather (above the armrest) on the door panel and run the wire to a concealed HU?

Or I have to go with that double din rosen R6500 unit but when are they (if they) going to have the Navi out?

Or wait for Alpine, kenwood, or Pioneer to make a touch screen that can control everything in the trunk?

I am stucked. Help.
Old 09-04-03, 11:11 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Been There , Done That

Originally posted by DEREKC
Am I the only one who wants a flush mount screen on my GS and finds no place for the headunit?
Don't you hate those siver mismatching looking flip-up HU blocking the AC ***** and air outlet?
No you are not !

I have Nav, DVD, Nintendo, XM/AM/FM, Back Up camera all controlled through my Pioneer screen using remote controls or voice activation. Now that Pioneer released a touchscreen application, you got me thinking about switching over to the latest Pioneer pieces.

See my post at: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=rmmgs4
Attached Thumbnails My ideal config for my 00' GS A/V system is one touch screen interface for all ctrls.-ful-view.jpg