Sponsored by:

Viper Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-03, 06:06 PM
jhenty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper Alarm

My dad just got a new car and took out his viper alarm/remote starter system. He doesnt need it for the new car so i am considering putting it in mine. I have an estimate for about 200 bucks. Do you guys think its worth putting in or should i spend the money on a system or something? Thanks
Old 09-09-03, 12:52 PM
NailLock
Driver School Candidate

definitely invest in something else, the viper alarm i have on my car came with it (i bought the car used) and I don't think I'd invest into a viper alarm.
Old 09-10-03, 05:49 AM
sirsomo
Pole Position

Viper alarms aarent bad depending on the model, if it were me I would call up the insurance company and see if they would drop your rate if you put it on, you might actually save money by installing it. When it comes to alarms it is all about the install If the installer doent know what he is doing the best alarm in the world is worthless.
Old 09-10-03, 07:42 AM
OGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it really depends on what you are trying to use it for. The current OEM alarms and the aftermarket alarms work very well. If you are planning to do some type of autostart, windows up/down..etc...than ya the Viper alarm you have would be great.

But if you trying to use this alarm to better protect your car...its all the same thing. If some one wants to jack your car or something out of it...they are going to do it not matter what type of alarm you have. I current use a Code Alarm 6700 with the three level anti-theft system...it has three different things you have to by-pass to get the car started with out a key. It has all the little add-ons, like windows up/down, truck release, shock sensor, auto start, ability to open sun roof with the remote, etc.

Just to give you an example.... my friend had a 97 Supra with ALL the upgrades. He paid nearly a 1000 for his alarm, this thing was so crazy that he could leave the windows all down, and if you were to put your hand into car when the alarm was armed, it would go off. The sensors on this things were CRAZY! He goes to work one day to get his paycheck, leave his car no longer than 20 mins. And when he gets back, the damn thing is gone!

Hope that helps.