Sponsored by:

08 IS350 Android Install Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-20, 12:40 PM
metallman
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 08 IS350 Android Install Issue

Hey guys, this is my 1st post. I bought one of those navigation android units off ali express a few months back. It is supposed to be plug and play, but sadly it is not. Let me start out by saying that I've installed probably a half dozen after market radios in various cars through out the years, so this isn't my first attempt. I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing. So heres the issue.

Everything plugs in to the provided harness as it should. However there is 1 wiring harness on the new radio that fits nothing to the car. Making me believe that it is the wrong harness. I contacted the vendor and they tried to help, but really did nothing and said it should work.

Heres what doesnt work on the new unit

1. Heat/AC. The buttons in the menu don't even light up. I can't control the temp, the blower speed, or the vents. This is the main reason I put the stock unit back in. Driving around with no defroster for example seems like a horrible idea.

2. No back up camera. I really love this feature of the car, and think there has to be some sort of adapter or something.

Here is the picture of the harness that wont work. I THINK it is supposed to plug in to the middle harness in the back of the cd changer. There are 3 harness that plug into the cd changer, and 2 of the 3 plug right into the new unit. The middle one does not.

Anyone run into this issue? Obviously I'm hoping there is an different wiring harness out there I can just buy and everything plugs in. Though so far, I have not been able to find anything.

I would be 100% okay with running wires from the car to the radio as pins, I just have no clue where to start, or whats hot, whats ground, I'm clueless. I don't want to short anything out.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks Everyone!