Transponder Key Programming..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-03, 03:08 PM
Hi-psi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transponder Key Programming '95 SC300

Guys,

I've been searching the forum for the past 2 hours trying to find my answer with no luck. Here's the deal. 1995 SC300. I didn't get a transponder key with the car when I purchased it. I purchased a key from the group buy. It came in today. It is already cut for my car and works great. Now I just need the procedure for programming it. I couldn't find one for the SC's and tried a couple of the ones listed on here for other models without success. Anyone out there know the proper procedure?

Thanks.

Last edited by Hi-psi; 09-22-03 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-22-03, 11:37 PM
SC400866
Driver School Candidate

I wish I knew, I just paid $200.00 just to have the key programmed. Amazingly it is almost the same amount I paid for the key.

Lexus said they had it costs so much beacuse they have to take out the back seat to program it. I don't know if that's true or just a way to have an excuse for charging so much cash.
Old 09-23-03, 11:06 AM
Hi-psi
Driver

Anybody?
Old 09-23-03, 04:16 PM
frankjc
Rookie

I found this somewhere a while back....

BTW I have a 95 SC400 and this worked for me programming a remote master and a valet key.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the keyless entry doesn't work after putting in a new battery try reprogramming it as if it was a new key as follows:

Open driver door, keep it open and in the unlocked position
Put original key in ignition and pull out
Lock and Unlock the doors 5 times
Close the door and open the door
Lock and Unlock the doors another 5 times
Put the Master Key in the ignition, turn it on and then off and remove from the ignition
You should hear a confirmation beep within 10 seconds and the door locks should actuate
Push the button on the new key
Close the door and open the door
Push the button again on the new key

That should do it!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps.

Francisco

PS - SC400866, I think you got ripped. It took me like a minute to do this. I bought my keys through the group buy, but they told me they couldn't give me instructions on how to program but recommended I search on CL.
Old 09-23-03, 06:15 PM
Hi-psi
Driver

frankjc,

Awesome...this worked great. One of the mods should sticky this here or in the SC section so it doesn't get lost.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 09-23-03, 09:37 PM
frankjc
Rookie

No problem.

Great idea, I had some trouble sorting through several instructions before finally finding these.
Old 03-04-04, 03:49 PM
jag_600
Driver

Thumbs up

frankjc

Thanks for the instructions!

I was a little leary at first when I did it tonight. The first 4 tries came up no success, I figured WTH I'll try it once more and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

I agree with the above poster on making this a sticky.
Old 04-08-04, 08:29 AM
Hackman
Rookie

Quick question about programming a new remote:

I'm ordering a new key off of eBay and getting it cut locally. I've found a guy that can cut it for $30 but he wants another $20 to program it. Of course, I plan on following these instructions and saving the $20 by programming it myself.

My question is this: Can I program it before I have it cut? I'd like to already have it programmed before I take it over to the guy.
Old 04-08-04, 07:45 PM
frankjc
Rookie

I don't know the official answer, but I gather that the key needs to be cut first since it gets programmed when it's in the ignition.
Old 04-08-04, 07:48 PM
Hackman
Rookie

Thanks, Frankjc.

I wasn't sure about this since the instructions above talk about "original", "master", and "new" keys. Didn't know if the "original" and "master" keys were one and the same (finishing off with the "new" key)?

Last edited by Hackman; 04-08-04 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-08-04, 10:06 PM
frankjc
Rookie

I bought a second "master key" and second "valet key". The master key is the one you can program and has the button for wireless entry. The valet key you also program but doesn't have a button because it only operates the ignition for valet as the name implies. I also have a wallet key which doesn't get programmed and only opens the doors.
Old 04-09-04, 09:25 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

when i tried to do this my door unlocked and lock it self like three time. the dome light turned on and off as well as the hazrds..but after that it didnt work. what can this mean?
Old 04-12-04, 04:04 PM
Hackman
Rookie

Hey, ILOVEGIRLS, I just finished programming my new keyless remote.

The door locks cycling indicates whether or not the programming was successful. One lock/unlock cycle indicates success. Two cycles indicates failure.

My new remote key came with some extra steps to be performed (in addition to the ones posted by Frankjc). Are you still having problems? If so, I can post the steps that came with my key?

I wonder if the programming steps vary with the year model? What year is your LS?

Last edited by Hackman; 04-12-04 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-12-04, 09:48 PM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hackman, my car is a 2000 gs 300. it does the unlock and lock thing like twice or so. and it doesnt respond to the remote. can you please post your steps? thank you.
Old 04-13-04, 05:02 AM
Hackman
Rookie

Okay, here they are. I'm also including some additional trivial notes that may or may not make a difference.

I was given two sets of steps to run. I'm not entirely certain that both sets have to be performed, but it worked for me (after a couple of false tries).

FOR CARS WHERE YOU WANT TO CREATE A SPARE KEY:
Before starting, press and release the Brake and Accelerator pedals at the same time.
1. Place an already programmed Master key in the keyway (Do not turn on)
2. Press the Gas pedal 5 times.
3. Press the Brake pedal 6 times.
4. Pull out the key.
5. Insert the new key but DO NOT turn it on.
6. Press the Gas pedal just 1 time and wait until the security light stops blinking (about 1 minute).
7. Remove the key and press the Brake pdeal 1 time. The cycle is now closed.
The programming mode will end after 10 more seconds.

REGISTRATION OF RECOGNITION CODE
1. Open driver door, keep it open and in the unlocked position (all other doors should be closed)
2. Put original key in ignition and pull out
3. Lock and Unlock the doors 5 times (complete each lock/unlock cycle within 1 second and
entire process in 40 seconds or less)
4. Close the door and open the door
5. Lock and Unlock the doors another 5 times (complete each lock/unlock cycle within 1 second and
entire process in 40 seconds or less)
6. Put the new Master Key in the ignition, turn it to "on" and then off (with 1 second) and remove from the ignition.

Here are the additional steps I originally missed and had to execute to get the remote to work:

7. Press and hold transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for at least 1.5 seconds,
and then within 3 seconds; press any transmitter button for at least one second.
8. If within 3 seconds, door locks cycle one time, new transmitter code was accepted. If door locks
cycle 2 times, new transmitter code was not accepted. If code was not accepted retry step 8 again.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Transponder Key Programming..