Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-03, 10:26 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FEEDBACK ON UNIT

THIS IS THE BEST UNIT I HAVE EVER SEEN/USED!!!

Guys, this is my 4th flip out unit in the last 2 years and I must say this unit by far is the best unit I have used. It's clarity, graphics & tuning capabilities are very impressive. The unit is user friendly and the touch screen is very accurate. What's more impressive is that it's brain is small and thin which is easy to hide under the seat or in the floor somewhere. This unit also comes with a TV tuner which is a bonus if you like watching Laker games on the way home from work!!! hehe

There is one major problem that I see with this unit. Because the brain is small, all Audio RCA connections from the amps have to be plugged into the back of the headunit along with the power connections and etc.. instead of the brain. What that means is that you will have thick cables behind the unit which causes installation to be problematic if you have a GS. The space behind the unit is tight so account for this first. Other than that, I do not see any other problems with this unit so far. Being an audio fanatic, this is the best unit on the market so far. IMO, this beats out the new Alpine flip out.

Pics to come later tonight....

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 10-06-03 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-06-03, 07:50 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darn it. I was hoping you'd say, "you know I decided on something else, anyone want to buy it cheap?". Guess I'll have to wait just a little longer for mine. The controls and ease of use is what swayed me towards that over the Alpine. DId you run the tuner antennas to the inside of the rear glass? Are they very noticable? I was thinking of maybe not running them at all since I don't think I'd ever use the tuner function. Does it work that well while driving?
Old 10-06-03, 09:00 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Guru
Darn it. I was hoping you'd say, "you know I decided on something else, anyone want to buy it cheap?". Guess I'll have to wait just a little longer for mine. The controls and ease of use is what swayed me towards that over the Alpine. DId you run the tuner antennas to the inside of the rear glass? Are they very noticable? I was thinking of maybe not running them at all since I don't think I'd ever use the tuner function. Does it work that well while driving?
This is my second unit with a TV tuner and I must say that on both units, the reception is not perfect. I have my antennas on my rear glass which are not very noticable but I also have 5% tint too. I'm going to look around to see if I can get a tv tuner booster that will get better reception. For the most part, if it's a sunny day with no clouds, the clarity is good. Overcast days and cloud cover seem to hurt the reception. I would say run the antennas anyway since they came with the unit. On the back window, nobody really notices it anyway.

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 10-07-03 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 12:40 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Let me know how you like that unit. I am considering swapping my previos gen for the latest also. That or go all Alpine.
Old 10-07-03, 07:03 AM
idsrvit
Driver

Default tv tuner

I have to say....my tuner gets great reception! I have the antenna's running along the very top of my far back windows (I have an lx 470) they are so high on the window that they do not get in the way at all. The local channels here come in very clearly and I can travel from one side of town to the other and get a little fuzz here and there...but nothing that isn't tolerable. Took a trip a three hour trip a couple of weeks ago and played with the tv tuner almost the whole way. I was on the turnpike, so the reception was not blocked by mountains where I was. I give it a great rating for my area. Guess it all depends where you are traveling and how much static you are willing to put up with. You got to keep in mind too....you are in the car...how much clarity do you expect to be getting.
Old 10-07-03, 08:01 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by retrodrive
Let me know how you like that unit. I am considering swapping my previos gen for the latest also. That or go all Alpine.
Can you hold off by the NOV 8th BBQ...? I'll show you everything on this unit. Then you can decide. Trust me on this. The new Alpine is over priced. Yes, the clarity of the picture is very bright and clear, but not worth the extra money. The Pioneer has much more features that are nice to have.
Old 10-07-03, 09:12 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Default PICS......

TV Tuner...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500-ken-s-audio-system-002.jpg  
Old 10-07-03, 09:13 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

one of many graphics you can choose from....
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500-ken-s-audio-system-003.jpg  
Old 10-07-03, 09:14 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

DVD playing... Clarity is awesome!!!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500-ken-s-audio-system-007.jpg  
Old 10-07-03, 09:15 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

angle shot....
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500-ken-s-audio-system-006.jpg  
Old 10-07-03, 09:17 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

last pic of Pioneer Navigation and AVH-7500
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500-ken-s-audio-system-005.jpg  
Old 10-07-03, 09:37 PM
SC400_408
Lead Lap

I knew this deck would look nice in your car. Its a great touch to the rest of your system Lexogood. Next time when we meet up we can compete. hehehehe. . . Its look exactly like mine except for that navi. Damn, I gotta get that! Oh yeah I notice you don't have the frame thingy around the deck, couldn't fit it in huh? Same here! Well good luck!

Last edited by SC400_408; 10-07-03 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 11:51 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks very good! I was thinking about Alpine since I might go with their F1 Status setup.
Old 10-08-03, 12:03 AM
audiogil
Rookie

ahhhhh alpine F1 you say? if thats the case then you need to decide whats more important to YOU.
alpine F1 for superb sound quality or.......pioneer for cool features. me personally, preffer sound quality over screens and lights but if you can afford the F1 status, then you must have been saving some bucks for some time. good luck on your selection and let us all know what you decided on.
Old 10-08-03, 12:21 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by retrodrive
looks very good! I was thinking about Alpine since I might go with their F1 Status setup.
Alpine F1 is in another league of their own. There's no way you can compare the Alpine F1 to any headunit on the market. That unit is by far the highest quality you can get. Furthermore, you need a qualified installer who has been trained by Alpine to install this unit (aka: Audiogil). If I had that kind of money, it would be in my car as we speak.

Side note: For price of the Alpine F1 and installation, you could buy a Stage 1 Turbo...

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500