Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-03, 12:31 PM
idsrvit
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lxogood

hey lxogood....

Now that you have the pioneer....I will email you for questions on how to do things...I feel like a moron when i try to use mine. i have the basics figured out..but i know it does a lot more than i am getting it to do.
Old 10-08-03, 04:01 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: lxogood

Originally posted by idsrvit
hey lxogood....

Now that you have the pioneer....I will email you for questions on how to do things...I feel like a moron when i try to use mine. i have the basics figured out..but i know it does a lot more than i am getting it to do.
No problem.... Email me at: Luv2play01@aol.com

I have read the manual from front to back and have memorized almost everything. Right now I'm just trying to tuned it correctly...
Old 10-08-03, 11:12 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am working on it but it is not as easy to get cost on Alpine F1 combo like on any other brand out there. I don't think it would be very soon though...maybe within a year.
Old 10-09-03, 11:05 AM
kola
Driver

will this player work with the stock Pioneer setup or does it all depends on the installer and his know about. thanks guys !
Old 10-14-03, 12:09 AM
maxGS
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

LEXOGOOD

Why didn't you hide the Navi? If you did hide it, where would be a good place for it? Did you remove the original 6-disc CD Changer in the glove compartment? Can you put back the original stereo if you were to remove your Pioneer system? Is it like plug-n-play? How easy would it be to install, e.g. game console, extra headrest screens, etc..? Sorry so much questions.

Anyway after countless hours of research, the pioneer is my pick for features, DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/TV TUNER...
Old 10-14-03, 06:05 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by maxGS
LEXOGOOD

Why didn't you hide the Navi? If you did hide it, where would be a good place for it? Did you remove the original 6-disc CD Changer in the glove compartment? Can you put back the original stereo if you were to remove your Pioneer system? Is it like plug-n-play? How easy would it be to install, e.g. game console, extra headrest screens, etc..? Sorry so much questions.

Anyway after countless hours of research, the pioneer is my pick for features, DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/TV TUNER...
Max: Let me try and answer some of your questions...

1. I didn't hide the Navi for 2 reason. 1>To me, it looks better having 2 components showing up front. 2> The Navi unit can also play CD's and DVD's.

2. The only place I would hide it would be in the glove box. Anywhere else would be pointless.

3. Yes, my original stock CD changer was removed and now I have a 6 disc Pioneer changer that was mounted in the same location but more custom. Bonus question: NO, the stock Pioneer CD changer will NOT work with the aftermarket AVH-P7500.

4. No, I could not put my old system back in. I have way too many custom things done to the car which would make it impossible to put back to stock. A lot of modifications were done to make this audio system work. If you do a "simple" job to your audio system, then of course your stock stuff can go back in if you decide to sell or something...

5. In the world of Custom Audio Systems, there's no such thing as "Plug-n-play". Everything had to be wired very carefully. If you know what you are doing, the install can be straight forward but it's no Plug-n-Play. If you don't know what you're doing, it can be a nightmare.

6. To install a game console or more screens isn't very hard. There's enough inputs and outputs on the brain to allow you to do this. However, getting it done custom is what takes time. It all depends on "how custom" do you want your audio system... simple or wild...