Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-03, 05:43 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500

Hey audio guys. Anyone of you have the new Pioneer AVH-P7500 touch screen unit installed. I just sold my AVH-7490 and I'm looking to buy the 7500 but I would like to hear some feedback first. Any pros and cons would be nice. Right now I'm in the market for a good touch screen unit. Thanks
Old 09-24-03, 08:13 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like some long term feedback myself. I really want one of these units along with the nav setup.
Old 09-25-03, 11:31 AM
idsrvit
Driver

Default AVHP 7500

Hi...

Yes, I have the AVHP-7500. Had it installed about two months ago and love it. I am no guru when it comes to equipment, so you will have to ask me specific questions you would like to know. It is my first indash dvd system, so I cannot compare anything for you. But...many friends tell me it is awesome, easy to use, great picture quality (the tv monitor has something like 4 antenna's). It took me a little while to figure things out ( I still do not know how to do some things without playing around for a while). I had two head rest monitors installed as well, so that the kids can watch separate things on each screen. Mine is set up so that we can all (two in back, and indash) can view what we want. I had the vizualogic preinstalled monitors, and they come with three channels too which gives me another option if I plan to install any other viewing equipment (ie games, another dvd, vcr etc). It is touch screen, so anything can be done on the unit itself, but it does come with a remote that can do everything as well. If you have any specific questions you would like to know, feel free to im me...I will be happy to answer them for you. Just an fyi...don't know how you feel about ordering things on the internet, but I got mine for $1650 from savinglots.com our local hifi shops sell the unit for $2300. The monitors came from autobarn.com for $1100.
Old 09-25-03, 12:35 PM
hitechgs3t
Lead Lap

i have it and loving it
Old 09-25-03, 05:14 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Just ordered mine today. Should be here by Tues. and then will have it installed Wed. Can't wait...
Old 09-25-03, 06:40 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down touch screen

never been a fan of the touch screens at all. was going to get the pioneer touch, but compared the two...and had to go with the older one. just the whole touch screens are blah imo of course. had kenwood, and tore up quick. could be cuz it was a kenwood
Old 09-25-03, 07:53 PM
SC400_408
Lead Lap

Hey there Lexogood, I don't know if you remember me. but yeah at the nor cal meet up I talk to you about this deck. Yeah, I just got mine install yester., and I have to say its bad ***! To bad I didn't have it in on the day of the meet. Well I hope to see you at the next nor cal meet up, and good luck with yours. Oh yeah, so how much did you get it for?
Old 09-25-03, 11:37 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SC400_408
Hey there Lexogood, I don't know if you remember me. but yeah at the nor cal meet up I talk to you about this deck. Yeah, I just got mine install yester., and I have to say its bad ***! To bad I didn't have it in on the day of the meet. Well I hope to see you at the next nor cal meet up, and good luck with yours. Oh yeah, so how much did you get it for?
YES, I do remember you. I was hoping you saw this thread!!! I didn't catch your screen name so I couldn't PM you. I'm glad you like the unit. I purchased the unit from a audio electronics store in NY for $1525.00. I went that route so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax. I bought my avh-7490 from them too. Anyway, most of the audio stores out here are selling the unit for over $1600 + tax. 818 Motoring is not a distributor for Pioneer so I couldn't get any deals. Anyway, I will post pics and my impression next week.
Old 09-27-03, 10:06 AM
SC400_408
Lead Lap

Wow , thats a fairly good price. Well, I know for sure this deck will make your system even better. I'll try to post some of my pics.(gotta find a digi cam) Hope to see you around at the next meet.
Old 09-27-03, 09:55 PM
Carolinaboy
Driver

for the mp3 part, does the mp3 file name pop up on the screen, while playing and selecting? Does it list a bunch of the file names? how does it work? Thanks very much
Old 10-02-03, 11:32 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

i can't wait for the pics....
Old 10-02-03, 05:54 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

unit is being installed tonight. Will have pics Friday...... Can't wait to see this bad boy power up my system.
Old 10-04-03, 01:41 AM
audiogil
Rookie

Default pioneer

hey guys. just want to say that im not a big fan of pioneer but after installing lxogood's unit, i gotta say its quite an awesome unit. i would say its worth the money but only if you can figure out how to use the unit entirely
Old 10-04-03, 06:22 AM
idsrvit
Driver

Default Re: pioneer

Originally posted by audiogil
hey guys. just want to say that im not a big fan of pioneer but after installing lxogood's unit, i gotta say its quite an awesome unit. i would say its worth the money but only if you can figure out how to use the unit entirely
Glad to hear you say the last sentence. I am not a total moron, but I had trouble figuring out how I got things to do what they did. I still have to play around and luckily end up getting what screen to show what clip I am looking for. I have three screens set up and was starting to think I was over my head with equipment. It get's better...just take time to play. It becomes second nature after a while.
Old 10-04-03, 07:01 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

Sweet. I can not wait to get mine but might be till after xmas.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Pioneer AVH-P7500