Sponsored by:

Finally Here - Gs Nakamichi Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-03, 07:17 PM
JiffyPop
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Finally Here - Gs Nakamichi Wiring Diagram

After hours and hours of looking through the CL fourms here nobody has been able to post what wires to tap into when you install an aftermarket radio in your Nak equipped gs. I had to install my head this saturday and finally sat down and figured out what you need to do. Here it is..

There are 4 connectors that plug into the back of the factory amp. One plug has only 2 wires that go through it. That is the plug for the subwoofer.

Black wire = +
Red wire = -

Now we move onto the big plug to the right of that one. This has all the speaker outputs.

Front Right speaker
Green = +
Blue = -

Front Left Speaker
Pink = +
Purple = -

Rear Right Speaker
Red = +
White = -

Rear Left Speaker
Black = +
Yellow = -

If you need constant power there is a blue/yellow wire on one of the other plugs to the far right of the amp that you can use. To wire up the accessory turn on you need to pull a wire up to the cigarette plug underneath the armrest. Naturally you can ground it wherever you like. Hope this helps and I will try to post some more detailed pics and some pics of the install.

Jeff
98 GS400
Old 09-26-03, 08:28 AM
jucee187
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff. Thanks for providing this USEFUL info!!

i have a question for you. Can i tap into that blue/yellow wire and use it as my remote connection/feed for my aftermarket amp? or will i have to run it from the cigarette adapter?

Thanks.
Old 09-26-03, 02:47 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Jeff,

Used to be some time ago that I had the GS schematics for the '98+ Pioneer and Nak systems. Even have the ML, but that was QUITE a long time ago!

My advice to anyone looking for the wiring diagrams...go to the local Lexus dealership and ask for the EWD (electrical wiring diagram). The better dealerships will help you out!

Percy
Old 09-26-03, 03:23 PM
JiffyPop
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That blue/yellow wire is a 12v constant. It always gets 12v even when the key is off. I already ran a separate 8g wire from my battery to the back for my processor and tv tuner so i just used that for my constant. I had to use the cig lighter for the accessory turn on lead.

Jeff
98 GS400
Old 09-27-03, 07:07 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

I can e-mail the wiring diagram for any of the radios as well. I have them all here.
Old 01-14-04, 10:31 AM
maruzo
Driver School Candidate

On my nakamichi radio (i have a 2003 rx300 with 6disc cd changer) the red/grey wire going into the third plug to the rear right of the head unit seems to be the constant 12v. I'm not sure, but once i connected it, my rf modulated changer worked. I used the yellow wire going into the cigarette lighter plug for switched 12v.

Quick question on the rf unit: does anyone know if it's normal to hear noises during mp3 playback? the volume is much less compared with the factory cd changer at the same volume setting. I'm wondering if i did something wrong.
Old 01-08-09, 07:28 PM
dizie
Driver School Candidate

Default need help

ive owened 1999 gs 300 and had no problem finding the amp in it, now i have the gs400 and its not on the same place as 300. am i blind or were is it, please help im trying to hook up pioneer in my original nak. sys.
Old 01-09-09, 11:09 AM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dizie
ive owened 1999 gs 300 and had no problem finding the amp in it, now i have the gs400 and its not on the same place as 300. am i blind or were is it, please help im trying to hook up pioneer in my original nak. sys.
Amp in the nak system is inside the trunk, on the right and underneath the carpet.
Old 02-07-09, 01:01 PM
devone16
Driver School Candidate

is this the same setup as the sc400???
Old 04-04-10, 12:32 PM
lexusgs916
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy where is the proper remote wire to power up the amp?????pleeease help......

Hello. My girlfriend has a 98 Lexus GS300 with the premium nakimichi oem sound system and recently her amplifier in the trunk went out and she bought a 5 channel aftermarket kicker amplifier to replace it. I help her run the amplifier to the same location of the original amplifier and pulled a power gauge wire from the battery to the trunk and also made a ground wire but could not tell which wire is the remote turn on wire for the amp. I know there are a few set of wires. I've separated the speaker and subwoofer channel wires but cannot find which one is the remote wire. Many people keep telling me to run a wire from the cigarette lighter but I want to do it the proper way and others say just use the constant blue and yellow wire that has power but i dont want the amp to always stay on. Please help?? Thank you.
Old 04-04-10, 05:35 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by lexusgs916
but cannot find which one is the remote wire.
That's because there isn't one.

Originally Posted by lexusgs916
Many people keep telling me to run a wire from the cigarette lighter but I want to do it the proper way and others say just use the constant blue and yellow wire that has power but i dont want the amp to always stay on. Please help?? Thank you.
There's nothing wrong with using the switched power from the cigarette lighter to turn on the amp. The thing to remember is to do it safely. Use a relay, use a fuse, and get the +12V from the power lead you ran to the battery to supply the relay. I would recommend a 1A fuse at the most. Keep in mind that there are many ways to attack a problem, and this one is quite effective. Since you're not using an aftermarket deck, it's completely acceptable.

Big Mack
Old 04-05-10, 04:12 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U can probably get away without installing a relay if u want to use the cig lighter 12V switched power (aftermarket amp has the relay built in). U can also use the switched power wire from the oem amp.
Old 04-05-10, 05:14 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rgarjr
U can probably get away without installing a relay if u want to use the cig lighter 12V switched power (aftermarket amp has the relay built in).
Huh? There is no relay in the amp, and even if it were, you wouldn't be doing the same thing. The relay is there so that the cigarette lighter circuit isn't drawing more current than it should, and can still be functional. This protects the original circuit (when used with a fuse), retains the usage in case it is needed (for phone charging, etc.), and will also allow for future upgrades with no risk of overloading the factory circuit if it's done as I described previously.

Originally Posted by rgarjr
U can also use the switched power wire from the oem amp.
Precisely the problem - there isn't one.

Big Mack
Old 04-05-10, 05:35 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The remote in on the amp will not require that much current so nothing will happen if you were to hook it up to the cig lighter wire.
Old 04-13-13, 07:51 AM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Is it safe to assume the stock speakers can be used by using the above pin out. I know the sub will be useless with an after market HU, but looking to use the factory speakers for now, till I can convert everything including the sub. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Finally Here - Gs Nakamichi Wiring Diagram