Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Error Msg: Microphone is not connected.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-21 | 12:10 AM
mlibary
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Error Msg: Microphone is not connected.

Greetings all,

I've bought a used Lexus RX350 2020 recently. Unfortunately, found the Bluetooth Microphone not working. So, can't connect my phone for calls, only audio and media and it is working fine.
It says "Microphone is not connected" whenever I try to open Phone or Bluetooth settings from Lexus screen.

Somethings I Read & Tried:
1. "To resolve this issue, you may need to unplug the car battery for while then try" - I've unplugged it for 30min, but still not working!
2. "This issue is due to SOS\ Safety Connect system freeze" - Lexus site confirms the same in FAQ page.
Please note, phone calls using the vehicles Bluetooth® technology will not be possible while using Safety Connect.
https://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answ...fety%20connect
So, would like to ask you gents if anyone experienced something similar or if you have any idea in mind to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-21 | 12:59 AM
sierranglr
8th Gear

I recently purchased a used 2016 GS350 with the same problems.. I found half the connections going to the multifunction receiver were unplugged. Multiple nav and phone antenna connectors unplugged. The telematics module was removed. My research found that there are a number of people who feel that telematics, gps and navigation functions in the car are used to track and spy on them, so they unplug and remove these. Connection to the telematics module is required to solve the Microphone is not connected problem. Even after reconnecting everything, I still had the microphone error message. I purchased a used telematics module on ebay for $50 and after installing it the microphone error message was gone and I got back the phone function along with the voice command functions.

First check to see if the microphone (and the Lexus Enform module) in the overhead console was unplugged or removed. If its still there and connected, check all your connections going into the back of the multifunction receiver in the center console and the telematics module. In the GS the multifunction receiver is the unit in the center console with the climate control and stereo *****. I had to remove the trim piece around it to get to 2 bolts holding it in. Once the bolts are removed you can pull the unit straight out. You can search on youtube for videos showing you this. The telematics module in the GS in right above the glove box, so I had to remove the glove glove box to get to it. My guess it will be the same for most Lexus models.

If you bought your car from a Lexus dealer with a warranty, have them check it out and do the work.
Old 08-06-23 | 03:10 AM
melon190
1st Gear

Default microphone issue

hello

my Canadian rx350 2020 F sport purchased from UAE with this issue,

after a long journey I found that there is a part called telematic transcever is missing,

for more help contact me in snap _melon190_
Old 09-05-23 | 02:46 AM
Machi
2nd gear

Originally Posted by melon190
hello

after a long journey I found that there is a part called telematic transcever is missing,

I have same problem with my rx350 2022 f sport. How do I get the telematic transceiver
Drop how I can reach you. You're not available on snap chat
Old 09-10-23 | 01:02 AM
Machi
2nd gear

Originally Posted by sierranglr
I recently purchased a used 2016 GS350 with the same problems.. I found half the connections going to the multifunction receiver were unplugged. Multiple nav and phone antenna connectors unplugged. The telematics module was removed. My research found that there are a number of people who feel that telematics, gps and navigation functions in the car are used to track and spy on them, so they unplug and remove these. Connection to the telematics module is required to solve the Microphone is not connected problem. Even after reconnecting everything, I still had the microphone error message. I purchased a used telematics module on ebay for $50 and after installing it the microphone error message was gone and I got back the phone function along with the voice command functions.

First check to see if the microphone (and the Lexus Enform module) in the overhead console was unplugged or removed. If its still there and connected, check all your connections going into the back of the multifunction receiver in the center console and the telematics module. In the GS the multifunction receiver is the unit in the center console with the climate control and stereo *****. I had to remove the trim piece around it to get to 2 bolts holding it in. Once the bolts are removed you can pull the unit straight out. You can search on youtube for videos showing you this. The telematics module in the GS in right above the glove box, so I had to remove the glove glove box to get to it. My guess it will be the same for most Lexus models.

If you bought your car from a Lexus dealer with a warranty, have them check it out and do the work.
I have connected all of them but they can't hear me when I speak in the car. The voice speaker not working
Old 09-25-23 | 03:18 PM
SebastianD
Driver

Originally Posted by sierranglr

Could this bad module also cause a condition where the audio doesn’t work? Like it sends a permanent mute signal to the amplifier?
Old 10-23-23 | 10:56 PM
mehdigic

Originally Posted by melon190
hello

Hello dear: I have the same problem in my RX350L canadian model and I am in OMAN. Can you contact me on whatsapp please? +96877448416