Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

alarm going off

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-03, 06:06 PM
silenthyen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question alarm going off

can someone tell me why my 2000 rx 300 alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason. it only goes off at night and has been doing this for the last three nights, never in the daytime. when i disarm it it goes off in five minutes. can anyone offer suggestions?
Old 10-03-03, 08:06 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you park in your garage!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell you a little story, This guy's truck a night his alarm kept going off night after night , He could not find any problems he even took in to a shop and they could not find any thing wrong .........So he disarmed it and that night it was stolen it latter came out that the thief was setting it off knowing the owner would get sick of it going off every night..................
Old 10-04-03, 01:24 AM
audiogil
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm

i agree. thieves do tend to annoy the owners in that fashion. be on the lookout. if thats not the case, then have a pro check it out.theres too many factors that would cause an alarm to go off.good luck!
Old 10-05-03, 08:25 AM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This same thing happened to me when I first got my car. The alarm just went off randomly at night, no one was setting it off, I know that. I tried to figure out why for about a month then it hit me. I realized that my front courtesy switchs were messed up. You know, it's the switch that tells the car if the door is closed. Even when I pushed to switch in sometimes the door lights would be on, sometimes off. Once I replaced these switches the alarm problem went away. So this is just a suggestion for you to check out. I kind of doubt that this is what your problem is since you have a 2000, but hey, stranger things have happened. Good luck.

The idea that your alarm is going off by thieves is more likely.
Old 03-13-07, 07:43 PM
JOHNBRAY11
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Same problem

I have a 1999 RX300 and my alarm goes off whenever it wants also. Need help on this one. Used to only go off when the Outside Temperature was hot now all the time. HELPPPPPPP!!!

thanks

John