my custom unit
Attached Thumbnails Video on Nav, another approach-pict0015.jpg  
Old 04-24-04, 01:44 PM
Methodical
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you like the picture quality? Also, how are you going to tap into the
Lexus audio system? Thanks, Mike

Last edited by Methodical; 04-24-04 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-24-04, 01:59 PM
spaniola
Rookie

well at this point i cant get video on the screen. I can get the lexus nav no problem,

So far this is my troubleshooting way...

I had the relay hooked up, tied the nav rgb+sync in, everythings fine. nav works fine.

i unplug the nav to test the xbox, hook up the rgb+sync into the relay post, just get lines on the screen, it looks like its trying to sync but no good, is there anything specail on the xbox you have to do? i tried it on my pioneer 50" plasma, and it turned on just fine with video output in 480.

thanks for any help!

Nick
Old 04-24-04, 02:14 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

The Xbox has to outputing 480i, not a progressive image as the nav display can't handle it. That would mean setting your Xbox to NO for 480,720 and 1080 output in the setup video menu. The 9A62 has to be set to RGBS.

If your getting navigation screen without the relay energized, then you probably have it wired correctly. Just make sure the common relay contacts are the ones going to the display. Double check the R,G,B and Sync wires are matching up with the R,G,B and Sync wires the navigation uses.

There was one report of a bad 9A62, but since you test on your home system you know its good.
Old 04-24-04, 07:04 PM
spaniola
Rookie

one quick question, on the audio authority box it has 2 rgb outputs, to test, if i hook my lcd flat pannel computer monitor to it, should i get a video signal? or is this a diff output. only reason i am asking is I tried this earlier today and the samsung 19" lcd would not sync up or show video.

thanks
Old 04-24-04, 08:36 PM
spaniola
Rookie

Ok I Give up..

Get this,

In the following pic, you see my standard nav wires in the relay post. With this config, everyting with the nav screen, nav guidance, everythign, it all works.

If i take the red wire off the post, the colors change, ok so thats the red..
If i take the green wire off, colors change....
blue.. same thing,

Sync, take it off, screen goes off or goes nuts.

Ok, so I take those off, put my audio authority wires, red, green, blue plus sync, and just get lines going crazy on the nav screen.

Now by the looks of this pic, has anyone done this with a rx? Am i using the right wires? I see the other red and yellow wires in the one bundle, lower two wires in the dvd nav box, take a good look. When i disconnect these wires, the nav will not do anything, however when they are hooked up, and i hook my xbox to the other leads, the buttons on the front of the nav unit, when i press them, you can hear that they are inputing data.

Please someone help me, i have been working on this since 10 this morning and need some help. I promise I will take detailed pics and put together a faq for the forum when I finaly get this working, if i can.

Thanks
Nick
Attached Thumbnails Video on Nav, another approach-pict0018.jpg  
Old 04-25-04, 12:58 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Nick,

It looks like you have wired the relay correctly from the picture. You confirmed the Red, Green and Blue wires by disconnecting each and seeing the color missiing on the navigation screen. How did you know how to identify the R,G,B and Sync. wires on your RX navigation system?

You asked if it should work on a PC monitor, the answer would be Yes if the 9A62 was set to RGBHV and the xbox was set to YES for 480. If this doesn't work you probably have a bad 9A62, The 9A62 should be set to RGBS when connected to your navigation system. The gray or black wire from the VGA plug should connect to the navigation composite sync. Also make sure the video ground (shielding of R,G,B) is wired to navigation video ground wire.

It really sounds like your on the 9th yard line of the install. Just test the 9A62 on a PC display as described. If faulty replacee 9A62, if not check for the correct wires and ground the shielding to navigation video ground.
Old 04-25-04, 07:09 AM
spaniola
Rookie

Hey, Thanks so much for the insight man,

I think you nailed it on the head there, one user here said to take the rbg wire comming from the audio autority box, and twist both the video, the inner part of the wire, and the outer part together, that would make it not work right?

Also do you know where the ground wire, the shielding connects to the lexus system?

thanks again man!
Old 04-25-04, 08:23 AM
spaniola
Rookie

Hey, sorry to be a pain, but does anyone on here know where the settings are on the xbox to change the screen res? I have EVOx installed with the nexgen dashboard. When i try to get into the microsoft dashboard it gives me error 21, i think i deleted the wrong file. I know this is a bit off topic, but I know there might be someone who knows how to edit the .ini file to tell it no to 720 1080 and 480p.

Thanks
Old 04-25-04, 05:41 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

anybody think this will work with PS2 in a 99 gs400?
Old 04-25-04, 06:14 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Yes, this will work with a PS2 and the Sony PS2 high definiton adapter. Most navigation system that use RGB + composite sync., like Lexus will work. As long as you can intercept the wires between the navigation computer and the screen.
Old 04-25-04, 06:19 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

nice, hey ls007,or anyone for that matter, can you recommend a good FM modulator? its the only way that i can find to run audio to the stock sound system
Old 04-25-04, 07:57 PM
spaniola
Rookie

First off I would like to thank everyone on here who gave me the help to do this. I can say that it is WORKING 100%, the picture quality is awesome!! For anyone who is doing this, MAKE sure you ground the outside wire of the bnc cable to the lexus ground, on mine it was a unshielded wire, i wraped those together and everything works awesome.

The correct wires to snip for a 2004 Lexus RX330 with mark levinson and nav is:

red=red
green=green
blue=white
sync=black

I will take pics tommrowo, just finished up the install tonight, got everything mounted nice and neat. Looks awesome, also even when its switched, when i put the car in reverse the backup camera over-rides the dvd playback. And the night dimmer works too.

Totaly awesome!
Old 04-25-04, 10:19 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

bnc cable?

Quick Reply: Video on Nav, another approach