Sponsored by:

I got a new Sub......

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-03, 09:12 PM
whatuusay1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I got a new Sub......

Ok... So i bought a new sub - A Resonant Engineering 10" XXX subwoofer.... for my 99' Lex GS400. Suposedly an awsome SQ / SPL sub...its sick looking :P "Ruler Flat BL curve - keeping the driver specs throughout extreme excursion" up thier above my Digital Design that i used to have - either way - pretty badarse sub thier web site is www.respl.com (which is also pretty cool)

my question for all you guys is the classic "What amp?" The sub is rated for 1600 Watts RMS and 2500 watts Peak. I'm looking for a high quality - high efficiency Amp to complement the sub - So far ive contemplated the following - Any info? Its going to be in a 1cube sealed box (higher SQ than ported)

- Cadence A7 from www.cadencesound.com
- Soundstream Picasso PIC1.900D from http://www.soundstream.com
- HIFONICS BX1500D from www.hifonicsusa.com
Im of course open to any sugestions.... Im staying away from the usual junk thats not worthy of the lex... sony....fosgate....etc

Let me know - give me some pointers - maybe the ones im checking out are junk as well - give me some opinions

Andrew
Old 10-14-03, 09:32 PM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great choice. I previously had a Resonant Engineering 18" HC. The XMAX for the XXX is about 32mm - awesome suspension (XMAG said to be around 39mm). That sub' has great amounts of displacement at all levels of output. It's more of a SQ-orientated subwoofer (using the XBL^2 technology), but can get crazy loud!

*RE/Destijl Engineering is having some problems (as you may know) with Onyx Mobile Audio. I'm not sure what else is going on between those companies.

Well, out of your three amplifier choices, I'd probably shoot for the HiFonics BX1500D. The Cadence A7HC is discontinued (last I heard). I'm not a fan of SoundStream's equipment in general (the quality still quirks me).

But if you want higher efficiency amplifiers, I'd look at Zapco or Tru Technology.
Old 10-15-03, 12:19 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whatever happened between them and Onyx, does not mean much. As long as RE did not use a b-stock parts it's all good.
Go with ARC / Zapco / JL. They are fairly affordable. TRU T03 is expensive but from my fairly large personal expirence with that particular amp in many setups, it makes a lot of difference in bass response comparing to others.
Old 10-15-03, 09:08 AM
whatuusay1
Driver

Yea- Heard good things about the XXX series - Thanks for the input on the amps - Amy model number? Im not sure exactly what power i should give to this thing - I wasnt aware that the Cadence amp was discontinued... do they have any new lines?

Andrew
Old 10-17-03, 02:56 PM
whatuusay1
Driver

bump