Sponsored by:

Micro SDCard stolen while at repair shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-22, 04:02 AM
Robinson22
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro SDCard stolen while at repair shop

Picked up my IS350 Fsport Friday from Callibur Collision after minor bumper repair. After starting the car I realize my stero isn't working, can't hear anything. Checked all settings with no resolve. Sat there for 30 min trying to figure out what was going on. Couldn't go back inside shop, they were now conveniently closed 5,:30, which was the time they told me to come pick it up. Would there be any reason for them to remove my card to repair my bumper cover? That card connects all my data, Sirius radio & God knows what else. I'm freaking out. What should I do? Are those cards vehicle specific, would my card work in another Lexus? Should I file a police report? All advice appreciated.

Last edited by Robinson22; 10-24-22 at 04:06 AM.
Old 10-24-22, 07:17 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 867 Likes on 654 Posts

Confirm the SD chip is really missing and not just popped up in the slot. There is no
legitimate reason anyone should have touched it but it could just be displaced.
The chip is vehicle specific and worthless to any one but you. Like the d**m catalytic
converter thefts it costs a whole lot more to replace than it benefits the lowlife that
snagged it. As with any personal property issue with a vendor you should get with the
top level manager at the repair shop and inquire about their surveillance camera records
because the Police Report is going to need access. See if that jogs their memory.
Old 11-01-22, 11:56 AM
Robinson22
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
Confirm the SD chip is really missing and not just popped up in the slot. There is no
legitimate reason anyone should have touched it but it could just be displaced.
The chip is vehicle specific and worthless to any one but you. Like the d**m catalytic
converter thefts it costs a whole lot more to replace than it benefits the lowlife that
snagged it. As with any personal property issue with a vendor you should get with the
top level manager at the repair shop and inquire about their surveillance camera records
because the Police Report is going to need access. See if that jogs their memory.
We talked about the surveillance camera thing a few days ago. You know they have them. They have cars everywhere outside waiting to be repaired. Thank you for mentioning that.
As of right now, Nationwide just called me and they said to have Lexus do a diagnostic test on the card and after they get the results they would make a decision. Im dropping it off at Lexus 7am. Im like sure, a decision of whether you or Caliber are paying for it because it has nothing to do me. I told her that if Caliber is trying to sell that my card got damaged by creeping backwards out of my driveway and rubbing across the license plate holder of my dog sitters new jeep, she's even crazier than I thought. That's just more of her bs. She told my husband that the card was fine, that it was the auxiliary speaker that its normal for those to go bad. What in the world is talking about? She didnt tell me that.? She keeps doing things that aren't normal . Have you ever heard of an office manager having a customer to bring their car back down so they can rescan it to see if they can detect what might of gone wrong. I get there she takes it upon herself to grab her tab and says Ill just scan it real quick for ya.. She sits in my car with her head down at the tab mumbling for at least 20 minutes, doesn't share anything with me. Just says, hum that's so strange I cant find anything. no faults. blah blah. Is that normal. Aren't the techs suppose to do that stuff. Pretty sure she's not certified? To me, she's trying find a way out of this mess. Who knows what they've done to the car, when I drove off the other day, I didnt feel safe in my car. Not sure whos she's dragged into this mess but, since this happened the gal who was in charge of my repair, you know my go to person, she's really nowhere to be found, Charlie has taken over, why is she so involved with my car. I don't think she realized that card was married to my car and she took it, tried to use it in her car and damaged it. Her and I had a couple heated conversations regarding her adding repairs that I knew weren't necessary, she was relentless. That said, all Ive been given from that huge repair job was a final bill. Its shows they did a pre scan and a post scan and did a calibration so, where are the scan statements? When I ask her to show me the damage that she's claiming and Im cool with the repair, she wouldn't do that. Im talking about the scan reports that they have to follow in order to do a proper repair, Lexus requires them to do that. She's goes on saying no you cant come down here for that Im not pulling my guys off the line it will slow down production! I just wanted to see the scans, not to actually go into the shop and look at the damage. Is it not my right to see those? Scheduled to drop off at Lexus 7am. Will they be able to tell what happened to the card?
Not sure who I have to speak with to get that surveillance footage. I may need contact corporate. She wont stop with the lying. I was willing to just go away quietly if she would just replace the card so I can get on with my life. But no, she thinks she's the smartest person in the room, that she can continue changing her story over and over trying her best to put the blame anywhere but on her. It getting ridiculous, unprofessional and Im over it. I just want my car back. We were headed to Arizona where we are from to enjoy the weather, play some golf. A little vacation, my husbands job is so high stress he was looking forward to us just getting away from the madness. That's not gonna happen now thanks to Charlie @ Caliber Collision.
I apologize for the rambling on but, my car is everything to me and for that gal to do what she's done and not just fix the problem and move on has got my blood boiling. Im done. Its been 10 plus days my car is sitting in the garage, Im not driving it, its no fun. Its broken. No sound, cant access my Sirius radio, nothing is working, Its all gone, No idea how that happened. How can an SD card get damaged? Ive never removed it, there's no reason for anyone to remove it. But someone did at caliber collision and now it doesn't work anymore.