Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Caliber Collision repair.... need an attorney?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-22, 03:28 PM
Robinson22
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Caliber Collision repair.... need an attorney?

My recent posts were in reference to Caliber Collision taking the SD card out of my car and then giving it back, pretending to have found it in an around the shifter. Anyway, I finally took it to Lexus to find out why my audio system wasnt working thinking it had something to do with the SD card. Lexus told me that the amp was no good, they couldnt tell me why it went bad or what happened. What I do know is I wasnt in agreement with Calibers estimate because originally the adjuster had quoted me around $1000. Then they came back with $2800. I toldm them (Charlie) I wanted to see this damage she claims is there. She denied me, saying that she wasnt going to pull her guys off the line it would slow production? I was thinking more along the lines of looking at the prescan? Anyway, she has lied to me several times. Without posting every detail I wanted to share what Ive discovered has happened. After I returned to Caliber asking for the card back, I noticed a large scrape on the passenger door, it looked like someone had side swiped something. I show her the damage and she starts saying they have photos etc. Im like, and...I tell her great lets get them out, I also did the walk around before they took the car in with Tara, the girl who was suppose to be handling my repair, however, Charlie, the mgr. for reasons I didnt understand completely took over, it was concerning. I have never been given an invoice, work order for anything, no communication during the repair. She also took it upon herself to tell me to bring the car back down so they could do another scan to see if they may have missed something. She walks out with her tab, sits in my car and says she can run the scan, there system finds everything. That resulted in nothing. Is it normal for an office mgr to be doing that? Then when I told her I was taking it into Lexus she tells me that I have to give them a chance to find the problem to drop the car off the next morning that her calibration guy would do another calibration and try and figure out whats happened. I didnt want to do it. Im thinking maybe just maybe they are going to fix what theyve broken. She said they would only need it for a few hours. Those few hours came and went, no phone call no nothing. I finally call towards the end of the day and she says I can come pick the car up. I go in, get my keys, Charlie has her back to me and doesnt say a word. No work order, no invoice for why or what they did with my car the entire day, nothing. I get in my car go home. didnt feel safe at all driving. Next morning Im looking over my car and I couldnt believe my eyes. The car had been driven over 60 miles, and that scrape on the pass door, they had wrecked my car, the damage that was on my door had been fixed pretty much. I couldnt believe it. She also claimed that she took the car to Lexus in Fredrick and was told it was the amp. That was a lie, Lexus told us the car was never brought in to them. We we the only ones on record having the car serviced etc. Ive not said anything to them since this happened. Lexus just told me today that the amp was not working, That it would cost around 2k its back ordered 3wk or so. This has suddenly gotten serious. my passenger door that was scraped pretty good is also pushed in right where the door meets the hood?Not sure on correct name of parts or areas, sorry,Im trying. The side panel they claim they repaired, look awful. you can see where something touched the paint, and if you run you fingers down that grove on top, its rough and looks bad, the drivers side is perfect as was the pass side when I dropped it off; They didnt need to do all those repairs. take my car apart. The dent was so minor and no impact at all. We were in a slow roll backing out of our driveway and rubbed across my dog sitters jeeps license plate holder that sticks out about 2 in. She had parked just in front of the edge of our driveway in the cul-de-sac. I was going to have it pulled out or do it myself but at the last minute Nationwide told us to take it to Caliber. Big mistake. After researching the OEM infornation on Lexus collision repairs etc. I feel they did something wrong when removing parts where sensors where etc. All Im sure of is my car was in perfect condition when I dropped it off to them; When I picked it up all the things Ive mentioned and then some have taken place. If everything was in working order when the car was dropped off could them doing those unecessary repairs caused my amp to go bad? I feel this was planned from the get go. The mgr has a Lexus and from the beginning I wasnt buying what she was selling me. We werent getting along at all. Now this is where Im at. I could really use some sound advice on how to move forward on this because I dont want to go to jail. Im too old for this crap. I cannot believe what they have done. Should I order the part, should I talk with an attorney? Wouldnt a place as huge as this have surveillance. They have tons of cars in that lot waiting to be repaired. Could that be my saving grace? Help.....
Thank you guys in advance for any advice you may have to help me.