LFA Model (2012)

LFA makes a presence in Detroit not just once, but TWICE! Lots of PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 01:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts
Default LFA makes a presence in Detroit not just once, but TWICE! Lots of PICS!!!

Last week, I attended press days of the North American Int'l Auto Show 2010 in Detroit. Expecting to see just one LFA, I was suprised to see there were 2 LFA's present in Motown. One being the flat black LFA I first got to see and drive in Miami back in October, and the same one i've chased around SoCal at the F Sport Event in Fontana and the Cars & Coffee event in Irvine and the white LFA w/Carbon roof and spoiler which is on loan from Japan and made it's debut at the LA Auto Show last month.

The flat black LFA was being displayed at a special preview of The Gallery, which is a secluded display of luxury vehicles at the MGM Grand Detroit. Invited guests of the evening were treated to dine at the MGM's Ignite lounge where dinner was prepared by world-class chef, Wolfgang Puck. I got a chance to meet him and take a picture with him too! After dinner, people made their way to the Grand Ballroom of the MGM where the doors were opened to the gallery of luxury brands including Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Maserati, Spyker, Lamborghini and of course Lexus!!

The flat black LFA made it's debut to Detroit's luxury car enthusiasts and special invited guests. It was quite a hit. Many guests had a chance to sit inside the LFA and experience its exotic craftsmanship.

Old 01-19-10, 02:02 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here is the White w/Carbon Roof & Wing and Red Interior LFA borrowed from Japan on the floor of Cobo Center at NAIAS 2010. Also on display is the LFA wire cutout which made it's North American debut at the LA Auto show last month:

Last edited by flipside909; 01-19-10 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-21-10, 12:54 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome pictures !!!
Old 01-21-10, 01:28 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

i particularly like the shot of the IS F with the LFA. the F family is looking pretty sharp already. and in the second to last pic, i think thats clark's hs 250h if im not mistaken.
Old 01-22-10, 09:50 AM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

WOW... The flat black LFA is a beast of a car... I got 2 stop looking at it before I start crying
Old 01-29-10, 07:44 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

I will have one before i die...mark my words.
Old 01-29-10, 11:47 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow , I missed this thread! Great pics and thanks for posting.
Old 01-30-10, 04:06 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

seriously, why doesnt it have auto headlamps?

and where can i get that LFA Lexus Pen? I think that is the only thing I can afford in that car
Old 01-30-10, 10:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by RXSF
seriously, why doesnt it have auto headlamps?

and where can i get that LFA Lexus Pen? I think that is the only thing I can afford in that car
Because auto headlamps add to the cost to manufacture the LFA. Lexus specifically designed this car as a true exotic sports car. It does have many of the traditional Lexus luxuries...but a lot of the luxury "automatic" features we're used to is to help reduce cost and most importantly weight.

In the LFA, it does not have the usual luxury features like cruise control, smart key remote access, ventilated seats, fog lamps, power moonroof, and etc.
Old 01-30-10, 11:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Because auto headlamps add to the cost to manufacture the LFA. Lexus specifically designed this car as a true exotic sports car. It does have many of the traditional Lexus luxuries...but a lot of the luxury "automatic" features we're used to is to help reduce cost and most importantly weight.

In the LFA, it does not have the usual luxury features like cruise control, smart key remote access, ventilated seats, fog lamps, power moonroof, and etc.
i most definitely hope lexus use weight as the only reason to take out those features. a car like this, cost can't be an excuse. cutting 10-20k of options to save cost is almost like an insult to exotic owners
Old 01-30-10, 11:14 PM
RXSF

ventilated seats I understand. moonroof I understand, even cruise control. But adding a light sensor (which it probably already has for the nav screen) for auto headlamps is inexcusable in a car this expensive. Oh well, this problem is for the owner to complain, not for somebody who wont get a chance to sit in it
Old 01-31-10, 08:44 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i most definitely hope lexus use weight as the only reason to take out those features. a car like this, cost can't be an excuse. cutting 10-20k of options to save cost is almost like an insult to exotic owners
It's not cost. They're losing so much more money on this car in every other area that they wouldn't bother cost cutting on minor items.

ventilated seats I understand. moonroof I understand, even cruise control. But adding a light sensor (which it probably already has for the nav screen) for auto headlamps is inexcusable in a car this expensive. Oh well, this problem is for the owner to complain, not for somebody who wont get a chance to sit in it
I've never used auto headlamps in any car I've owned. *shrug* I'm surprised by the cruise control just because most exotics have it. I suppose a car like this shouldn't be driven in cruise control ever, although I do use cruise control in the F on long trips and also in situations where I want to force myself to stay under the speed limit.
Old 01-31-10, 02:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

want to talk about the STICKER as the "emblem" on the hood of the gt3 rs?
Old 01-31-10, 03:16 PM
Dble Agent
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a cigarette after listening to the exhaust....whooow
Old 01-31-10, 03:16 PM
RXSF

^^ lol really? but the point of an RS is for weight savings, you dont get any luxuries in that car so for that reason, I understand. haha

Quick Reply: LFA makes a presence in Detroit not just once, but TWICE! Lots of PICS!!!