Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

More info on next LEXUS LS...from CSS

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-05, 01:05 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mink92890
Would you mind asking your contact about the range of the LS in price (probability)

Mink92890
my source is someone who is a salesperson at a dealership and his bosses

he doesn't know anything about the pricing...not even of the GS hybrid

here is what else he had to say about the future cars of LEXUS

I'll try to answer various questions in one post.
The new RX hybrid will be the same, but without the navigation system coming standard and other options to bring the price down. The new crossover SUV will be launched in the future, but no dates are concrete (I forget the name now, it was a show car). It will have three rows of seat. Please, God, don't make it look like an R-Class. Also, the LX will be dropped and replaced by the JX.

The GS is more of a 5-series fighter, not E-Class.

The ES will come out in spring '06 (as Lexus Fan said) but the GS450h will come out in summer '06, not spring.

As far as the Infiniti interiors, it's obviously a personal opinion. Infiniti has come a long way, but the last step (in my opinion and most car mags) is to bring their interiors upscale. I was actually very dissapointed with the M interior. I thought they would use some of the revenue that the G was finally producing to increase the quality of materials in the M. I think that's the direction we'lkl see in the future for Infiniti.

The new ES will have the 3.5 engine. AWD is not offered on the IS350, but it might be a cost issue. With the IS and GS offering AWD models, it may be a model possibility aimed at the northern market. It's not mechanics, as the RX350 will come out in spring also and it will offer AWD.

Edit: The crossover is based on the HPX concept seen here: http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/030417-9.htm
Old 10-16-05, 01:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

A salesperson's POV is just as good as any 3rd party rumor media outlet. A salesperson will tell you anything, especially when it comes to selling a car.
Old 10-16-05, 01:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
A salesperson's POV is just as good as any 3rd party rumor media outlet. A salesperson will tell you anything, especially when it comes to selling a car.
There are some honest ones.....like Liz......but, unfortunately, in general this is true. And what is even more unfortunate is that some people believe them.

My own work and the amount of time I spend with people who are interested in new cars could probably be cut a good 50% if salespeople were more honest.

Anyhow...got any documented pictures for us yet, flip?....even if they DO have tape and bras

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-16-05 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-16-05, 04:18 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

you guys are misjuding this person...he's a real nice guy and he lives in florida...he has nothing to sell us

he's just telling us about future cars not trying to press us to buy a single car

i think you guys have the wrong idea
Old 10-16-05, 06:36 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
you guys are misjuding this person...he's a real nice guy and he lives in florida...he has nothing to sell us

he's just telling us about future cars not trying to press us to buy a single car

Well, if that's the case, get him registered and invite him to join CAR CHAT. That's what we do here day in and day out.....talk cars not sell them.
Old 10-16-05, 07:19 PM
mink92890
Lead Lap

About the RX hybrid, do u know if the price of the RX with navigation will be the same as it is standard right now?

Mink92890
Old 10-16-05, 08:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!

I agree with mmarshall....invite him over! We all would love to get the perspective of future cars, especially from a salesperson's definitive point of view.
Old 10-16-05, 09:24 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

i don't know anything about pricing on the non-nav...Lexus hasn't even talked about it

i'll invite him, but he hardly posts on CSS, so i doubt he would come here
Old 10-16-05, 11:39 PM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
well for sure i will NOT get it the first yr. i learn to wait to get the bugs fixed and also for the price to drop a bit
When purchasing a new model ride, I too agree in not falling for the guinnea pig trap. At times up to 2 years after release. The "Final Cut Model" is always the best purchase, but if this new LS raises my eyebrows, at this point having own a total of 3 Lexus' and a 01' Corolla. This time I would go for the move in the 1st round, and not worry much anymore....b/c one thing Lexus has promised about this new Luxury Sedan, ...is that it will raise the bar that much higher.
Old 10-17-05, 12:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Bercasio
When purchasing a new model ride, I too agree in not falling for the guinnea pig trap. At times up to 2 years after release. The "Final Cut Model" is always the best purchase, but if this new LS raises my eyebrows, at this point having own a total of 3 Lexus' and a 01' Corolla. This time I would go for the move in the 1st round, and not worry much anymore....b/c one thing Lexus has promised about this new Luxury Sedan, ...is that it will raise the bar that much higher.
hhehehee, maybe i am chicken, but that's actually why i am worried. if it's cars like corolla or so, those "simple" vehicles, i probably won't really worry much. but lexus are high tech cars, especially the LS, with tons of new electronics and even that hybrid systems, i just don't want to deal with any little glitches here and there

i don't think there will b eany big problems with lexus at all, toyota is better than this and they are smart. but small problems are hard to prevent. i have seen small little stuff on first yr 04 ls430 and such, so i wanna play caucious
Old 10-17-05, 07:41 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
i have seen small little stuff on first yr 04 ls430 and such, so i wanna play caucious
rominl, what are some of the typical little problems/stuff on the 04 LS430? I know about the transmission recall, what else? Is the 05 better?
Old 10-17-05, 12:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BrickHead
rominl, what are some of the typical little problems/stuff on the 04 LS430? I know about the transmission recall, what else? Is the 05 better?
the 05 was a lot better. the tranny probably was one. also the nav had issue for the first batch of 04 ls430, and later people had to go in for a dvd change. i forgot already, and i believe there is also a sensor problem, i didn't pay much attention though.

like i said, no biggies, and they were all fixed. so personally i don't like bringing my car back there often
Old 10-18-05, 06:21 PM
Jeff@Longo
Driver School Candidate

Sales people only know as much as their superiors tell them =P Only a handful go the dealer meetings to see the lateste innovations/models from the manufacturer. I'm sure security at these events have bene stepped up ever since someone leaked a few shots of the Gen 6 Camry (remember those horrid cell phone photo? haha).

Unless the sales-person is somewhere high up on the ladder... they probably only know as much as an enthusiast would (enthusiasts will probably know more lol).

From what I've heard, trickling down the grape-vine... The LS long wheel base and hybrid have been confirmed. The '460' was also confirmed. The hybrid engine size has still yet to be confirmed... but the speculation (or is it fact?) behind the LS 600h name is probably dead on.

If those photo floating around are truly the new LS... wow... the front retains the classic LS look while the rear got overinduldged in L-Finesse. I can't wait for the updates from the Tokyo show =] This year's show is quite a treat for Toyota/Lexus enthusiasts =D Next year will have a few exciting Toyota products too =]
Old 10-18-05, 06:46 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Good to hear from someone else in the industry. For nothing else more than our sake, please be one of those salesmen that checks out all the new products ASAP. It's always great to have an inside line.

EDIT: That pic is just fine with me but the profile really isn't as groundbreaking as I was hoping. I'm still thinking Lexus will pull something out that will wow us.

James
Old 10-18-05, 06:54 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Someone on carspyshots posted this, which seems to match the preview shot of the LS...looks great!!!
Attached Thumbnails More info on next LEXUS LS...from CSS-thumb_384_001.jpg  

Quick Reply: More info on next LEXUS LS...from CSS