Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology
View Poll Results: Would you buy the LF-A?
yes
63.46%
no
36.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy the new Lexus Super car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am with andrew (and some other people)

100k for a lexus super car that's ok with me. i can justify my cost of 90k on the nsx, which is "only" a v6. but who cares, it hangs with ferrari and lambo that's all i care. and the lexus super car, it seems like it's aiming directly at those big super cars, so for 100k it can be a real bargin

now will i get the car, that's a different story. of course, whether i have the money is the main thing. if i have the extra cash and everything is stable, getting the car could very well happen. it would be fun if i can drive my super car around every day and no need to bring it in for service and repair like ferrari and lambo
Old 10-23-05, 11:51 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I'll buy it 100k for a Lexus Super car I think they can get 150K.
Old 10-24-05, 12:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
Yes I'll buy it 100k for a Lexus Super car I think they can get 150K.
well for 150k they would be digging a hole for themselves i guess, that's really "too much" money for most?
Old 10-24-05, 06:41 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want one but doubt I could afford one. And I like the styling. I think the car is gorgeous. The rearend could use a tweaking but I still think it's hot.
Old 10-24-05, 09:28 AM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sup
People will not pay $100K for a Lexus period. Regardless of how reliable and how well it performs it will not sell. The max price should be 90K.
At this point, it's not about what the price should be. For a $100k? We all really don't know for sure. But to buy the LF-A for a $100k will have to wait and see for the final production. One thing we all know for sure is that Toyota/Lexus has already proven quality and reliability. Yes they are conservative company, but does not mean they cannot produce a "true high performance" super car. Lexus did note that this is a low volume production, just proving to the world as to how far their engineering can go @ any given moment. I do not think Toyota/Lexus really cares or has very little concern how many LF-A they sell, along how prestigious a name should be. More so the fact of where they know they stand in this business. .....as for myself when that super car hits the show room I am ready to at least consider looking into one regardless what the price will be.
Old 10-24-05, 10:08 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, for the car to sell, it will have to outperform it's competition and then some. There are lots of hurdles for Lexus with this car. For 100k, you have to look who the competition will be. People who have the money to buy a ferrari will buy the ferrari. I'm thrilled Lexus is moving in this direction and the V-10 sounds like a monster, but they're going to have to think up a better shell or else it's going to be a dud. The new LS concept is beautiful. Made me want to buy the car. The LF-A needs to evoke more passion. That's what makes people part with that much money. More it costs, more passion it needs to evoke.. or absolutely utterly destroy the competition number wise. If it can do both...
Old 10-24-05, 12:36 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of it is about marketing... I'm sure Toyota will play the game right once kickoff-time comes
Old 10-24-05, 12:46 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

I do not see the LF-A going head to head with a $400,000 plus Carrera GT. I believe the purpose of the two cars is just a bit different at least. Lexus, because of its corporate philosophy will probably not make something that hard-edged and rough riding as a a true super car. Now i've never rode in an F50, Enzo, C-GT, Koenigsegg, etc..... but from what i heard you don't exactly get them for comfort. I see the LF-A being a GT car on the likes of an Aston Martin... good acceleration, nice interior and a ride thats not too punishing, and good (not Super Exotic Car) handling. I'd think its competitors are going to be the 911 Turbo, Aston DB9, NSX (if its true its coming back), Infiniti GTR, etc.
Old 10-24-05, 12:52 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Poll time
Old 10-24-05, 12:55 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

By the way, have you seen what the GX costs fully loaded? It isn't too terribly far off when weighing the numbers.

Supercar > SUV
Old 10-24-05, 01:52 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had the cash flow to buy one, I would have allready placed an order.
Old 10-24-05, 02:06 PM
hatchback
Driver School Candidate

I don't think $100k or even $150k will be an impediment ofr a Lexus supercar, depending on the details. The big risk is that they make the LF-A like all their other cars, with an automatic transmission, a cushy ride, an intrusive stability control system that can't be turned off, and very heavy with mushy steering. The market for such a car will be geriatrics who would be just as happy with a SC430 at a much lower price point. So the challenge for Toyota/Lexus is to make a true driver's sports car. If they can make a car with a mid-engined V10 that outperforms the Gallardo/997TT/F430/FordGT, and is a true sports car, they will be able to sell every car they make to all the people that would love to have a hassle-free supercar.
Old 10-24-05, 02:49 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hatchback
I So the challenge for Toyota/Lexus is to make a true driver's sports car. If they can make a car with a mid-engined V10 that outperforms the Gallardo/997TT/F430/FordGT, and is a true sports car, they will be able to sell every car they make to all the people that would love to have a hassle-free supercar.
In past LF-A topics I said similar things. One thing I always pointed out was that if Lexus wants to compete in the super car, or exotic car class they need a mid engine. Why? Well, mid engine design has that passion IMHO. Anyway, unfortunately the LF-A is going to be front engine. Nothing wrong with that, but that pretty much confirms its GT status and if you look at the video on the Lexus site the spokes person clearly says it is a GT sports car. So, what does tha mean? IMHO as many aleady pointed out this is the Astin Martin, BMW M6 class. Those people who buy exotics like Lambo and Ferrai probably will not buy. This is not the type of car they are looking for. Even NSX buyers probably will not buy provided the next NSX remains mind engine. Since Lexus will make this a limited production, I have no doubt they will sell every single one of them. That doesn't mean much too me though. If Acura made the NSX a limited production and offered only 100-200 a year they too woud have sold every one.
Old 10-24-05, 08:29 PM
Ku@
Pole Position

only if my insurance company could insured me -.-
Old 10-24-05, 09:04 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
In past LF-A topics I said similar things. One thing I always pointed out was that if Lexus wants to compete in the super car, or exotic car class they need a mid engine. Why? Well, mid engine design has that passion IMHO. Anyway, unfortunately the LF-A is going to be front engine. Nothing wrong with that, but that pretty much confirms its GT status and if you look at the video on the Lexus site the spokes person clearly says it is a GT sports car. So, what does tha mean? IMHO as many aleady pointed out this is the Astin Martin, BMW M6 class. Those people who buy exotics like Lambo and Ferrai probably will not buy. This is not the type of car they are looking for. Even NSX buyers probably will not buy provided the next NSX remains mind engine. Since Lexus will make this a limited production, I have no doubt they will sell every single one of them. That doesn't mean much too me though. If Acura made the NSX a limited production and offered only 100-200 a year they too woud have sold every one.
SLR Mclaren not Mid engined, neither is the Marelleno(SP?)

Quick Reply: Would you buy the new Lexus Super car?