Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

Sadly selling nice 92 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-05, 11:16 PM
gllexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***FOR SALE*** nice 1992 SC400

I'm starting a new job where I'll be logging a lot of miles, and between the SC400 taking premium gas only and the 10+ extra mpg I'd get with a Camry, the Lexus must go.

I have happily owned the car for a year now. I am the third owner. I am located in the Albany, NY area. The car is in "fair" condition according the kbb.com standards, although I would personally grade it closer to "good". Even at "fair", it books for $5,000. Here is the rundown:

milage: 163,000
engine: purrrrr-fect, still smooth as silk
options: nakamichi sound system, all original accessories and components, moonroof, traction control, abs, cd changer in trunk
color: exterior is very dark green; interior is gray (with an ever so slight blue-green tint I guess - whatever that standard color is).

With a few bucks invested in it, it could be an "excellent" condition vehicle. This is what it needs:

1. exterior paint has 3 or 4 areas where it has worn off to expose the metal. There is no rusting at all in any of the areas or anywhere else on the car.
2. the headlamps show some condensation (easy fix)
3. two of the speakers in the sound system need to be replaced, but the system still sounds surprisingly good
4. the cd changer works, but is sometimes flakey
5. the dash lights are dim on the right side of the display
6. the radio backlight is fine, but the climate control backlight needs replacement
7. there was a small tear in the leather of the driver's seat that I fixed myself. I didn't do the best job, but a professional could make it look right again.
8. there is a small crack on the driver's side door near the window (very common problem).
9. there is sometimes a crunch noise heard when going over large bumps. This also seems to be a common problem. I read on another forum that this is due to swaybar bushings but my mechanic told me it was simply the plastic shielding piece protecting the undercarriage.

The above improvements would cost little more than $1,000.

There's all the bad, but don't get me wrong, this car drives perfectly. It has been well maitained and serviced. The brakes are also fine. I don't want to sell it but I must.

Also, the car has blizzex (sorry for the spelling) tires with good tread left as well as 4 more tires for non-winter use, although the tread on those are shot (re: need new tires, but you still have four extra rims).

I am asking $5,000 or best reasonable offer. Feel free to contact me with any further questions. I would be happy to provide pictures when I get a chance.

-Gene

Last edited by gllexus; 02-08-05 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-08-05, 07:37 AM
gllexus
Driver School Candidate

bumping to the top
Old 02-10-05, 09:37 PM
ChallenSup
Driver

I wouldnt mind seeing some pics.
Thanks
Old 02-26-05, 10:26 PM
gllexus
Driver School Candidate

I will definitely post picks soon (very busy schedule right now). Thanks for your interest.