Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

For Sale-2003 GX470 Showroom Condition-Sand Dollar Pearl Exterior/Ivory Interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-05, 03:45 PM
RJKarpe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale-2003 GX470 Showroom Condition-Sand Dollar Pearl Exterior/Ivory Interior

Hey guys, I Have a 2003 Lexus GX 470 Sand Dollar Pearl Exterior/Ivory Interior with Third Row Seats, Levinson Surround Sound System, DVD Navigation package, Lexus Link Package, Clifford Matrix R3 Remote Starter Two-Way Paging Starter with Three Remotes-Website= http://www.directed.com/ , Rear Back-up radar with sound and LED indicators in rear view mirror, DVD Movie Override to watch while car is in motion, complete Burl wood custom dash after market-Exotic Wood Dash™-Full Kit-Part#WD498A-G Lexus GX470 Wood Dash Kit-Website=http://www.exoticwooddash.com , rear factory Wind Deflector, Integrated Hidden Tow Hitch Bumper with 10,000 gentle miles on it and I am in absolutely no hurry to sell it, I just wanted to see if it is possible...if I get a good deal I will sell it...if not, I will just keep it for the time being. I am getting a 2006 GS 430.

The SUV is in PRISTINE Showroom condition with new Mats. The car has all its papers, and user's manual with three sets of keys.

The car has every possible option and cost me $60,000.00 new; I am looking to get $46,900.00 I checked autotrader.com and recycler.com, there are no comparable cars to mine for sale! My e-mail is: rjkarpe@verizon.net My name is Robert my Home:1-(201) 909-8899 - I Live In Maywood, Bergen County, New Jersey six miles West of the George Washington Bridge. The car has never been in New York City and I own it outright and am the only driver, no one has ever smoked or eaten in the vehicle – it is not a Lease Car and has no Loan; my cars are a passion for me thus I take impeccable care of them – it has always been in a Heated Garage.
Old 02-26-05, 02:54 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Whats the mileage, several members here got 05 GX for 47k and change, you want 47
Old 02-26-05, 04:16 AM
RJKarpe
Driver School Candidate

Default For Sale-2003 GX470 Showroom Condition-Sand Dollar Pearl Exterior/Ivory Interior

My GX-470 has 10,000 pristine miles on it . It cost $60,000.00 new and has every concievable option on it. The Price you are refering to for some member purported paying for a "New: GX-470" does not come "Fully-Loaded". They Are a Base Price vehicle.
My 2003 Lexus GX 470 Sand Dollar Pearl Exterior/Ivory Interior has a DVD Navigation/Mark Levinson Surround/Lexus Link Package, Rear Seat Entertainment System, Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioning, factory installed Rear Wind Deflector/Stop Light, Gold Package with Gold Wheel Accents, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, Cargo Mat Clifford Matrix R3 Remote Starter Two-Way Paging Starter with Three Remotes-Website= http://www.directed.com/, Rear Back-up radar with sound and LED indicators in rear view mirror, DVD Movie Override to watch while car is in motion, complete Burl wood custom dash after market-Exotic Wood Dash™-Full Kit-Part#WD498A-G Lexus GX470 Wood Dash Kit-Website=http://www.exoticwooddash.com and Integrated Hidden Tow Hitch Bumper. Plus other options. The car has every possible option and cost me $60,000.00 new. My e-mail is: rjkarpe@verizon.net My name is Robert my Home:1-(201) 909-8899 - I Live In Maywood, Bergen County, New Jersey six miles West of the George Washington Bridge.
The car has never been in New York City and I own it outright and am the only driver, no one has ever smoked or eaten in the vehicle – it is not a Lease Car and has no Loan; my cars are a passion for me thus I take impeccable care of them – it has always been in a Heated Garage. I have waxed this car every two months and always hand-washed it.
Old 02-26-05, 07:42 AM
Bronsteen
Driver School Candidate

Default Way too hight

You can get your car for $35K on the open market. Max. You are charging what a new LOADED 2005 would go for. Be realistic dude.
Old 02-26-05, 08:50 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RJKarpe
My GX-470 has 10,000 pristine miles on it . It cost $60,000.00 new and has every concievable option on it. The Price you are refering to for some member purported paying for a "New: GX-470" does not come "Fully-Loaded". They Are a Base Price vehicle.
My 2003 Lexus GX 470 Sand Dollar Pearl Exterior/Ivory Interior has a DVD Navigation/Mark Levinson Surround/Lexus Link Package, Rear Seat Entertainment System, Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioning, factory installed Rear Wind Deflector/Stop Light, Gold Package with Gold Wheel Accents, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, Cargo Mat Clifford Matrix R3 Remote Starter Two-Way Paging Starter with Three Remotes-Website= http://www.directed.com/, Rear Back-up radar with sound and LED indicators in rear view mirror, DVD Movie Override to watch while car is in motion, complete Burl wood custom dash after market-Exotic Wood Dash™-Full Kit-Part#WD498A-G Lexus GX470 Wood Dash Kit-Website=http://www.exoticwooddash.com and Integrated Hidden Tow Hitch Bumper. Plus other options. The car has every possible option and cost me $60,000.00 new. My e-mail is: rjkarpe@verizon.net My name is Robert my Home:1-(201) 909-8899 - I Live In Maywood, Bergen County, New Jersey six miles West of the George Washington Bridge.
The car has never been in New York City and I own it outright and am the only driver, no one has ever smoked or eaten in the vehicle – it is not a Lease Car and has no Loan; my cars are a passion for me thus I take impeccable care of them – it has always been in a Heated Garage. I have waxed this car every two months and always hand-washed it.
Strikes me as way too high. At $60K "new", you paid a lot for that vehicle. Maybe you could get $46K for your `03 in pieces, but it's a $35K used vehicle now regardless of the upgrades you've installed. I think I speak for a lot of folks when I say that if I were in the market (and I own an `04 GX and an `04 SC outright) and I had $46K in my pocket, I wouldn't be looking at an `03 selling at that price when I could get a brand-new, "loaded" `05 for just a few dollars more. The fact that your GX has low mileage and has been kept in a heated garage should help you in holding the line to sell it at the "excellent condition" price for an `03, but that's it.
Old 03-07-05, 06:59 PM
Enigma869
Driver

Well, isn't that the American way...selling our used cars for more than they're worth. I say for what it's worth RJ, if you can get your asking price, god bless you. The thing I've always been amazed at when looking at used car prices is that most who are selling them think their cars are real estate! These are depreciating assets folks, and are worth less every day you drive them. The other point is this...it really doesn't matter what you paid for any car, new. Every car you buy loses 15-20% of it's sale price the day you drive it off of the lot. In terms of a GX costing $60K new, I would say that's an outrageous price for that vehicle. I own a 2004 LX 470 (in my opinion, a much nice vehicle) and I have every conceivable option, including night vision, the gold package, rear video camera, tv's mounted in every headrest, two DVD players, auto starter, and chrome rims and even I know I couldn't get anywhere near what I paid for it ($73K out the door). In the end, let us not forget that a vehicle is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. If you have it up for sale and get no interest, it probably means your price is very unrealistic. Best of luck with the sale.

John from Boston
Old 03-08-05, 05:05 PM
aldo23
Pole Position

*In the end, let us not forget that a vehicle is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

That statement is so true it hurts. I lost money when i tradeed in cars, but like you said, "thats the american way". We all spend money on dumb things and luxury cars is one of the silliest investments(which it isint) but it does feel good to drive.
Old 03-13-05, 12:36 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RJKarpe
Hey guys, I Have a 2003 Lexus GX 470 Sand Dollar Pearl Exterior/Ivory Interior with Third Row Seats, Levinson Surround Sound System, DVD Navigation package, Lexus Link Package, Clifford Matrix R3 Remote Starter Two-Way Paging Starter with Three Remotes-Website= http://www.directed.com/ , Rear Back-up radar with sound and LED indicators in rear view mirror, DVD Movie Override to watch while car is in motion, complete Burl wood custom dash after market-Exotic Wood Dash™-Full Kit-Part#WD498A-G Lexus GX470 Wood Dash Kit-Website=http://www.exoticwooddash.com , rear factory Wind Deflector, Integrated Hidden Tow Hitch Bumper with 10,000 gentle miles on it and I am in absolutely no hurry to sell it, I just wanted to see if it is possible...if I get a good deal I will sell it...if not, I will just keep it for the time being. I am getting a 2006 GS 430.

The SUV is in PRISTINE Showroom condition with new Mats. The car has all its papers, and user's manual with three sets of keys.

The car has every possible option and cost me $60,000.00 new; I am looking to get $46,900.00 I checked autotrader.com and recycler.com, there are no comparable cars to mine for sale! My e-mail is: rjkarpe@verizon.net My name is Robert my Home:1-(201) 909-8899 - I Live In Maywood, Bergen County, New Jersey six miles West of the George Washington Bridge. The car has never been in New York City and I own it outright and am the only driver, no one has ever smoked or eaten in the vehicle – it is not a Lease Car and has no Loan; my cars are a passion for me thus I take impeccable care of them – it has always been in a Heated Garage.

I don't know about that $60k price tag when it was new (unless ur state tax is like 20%). I think the fair value of it should be around $40k.
Old 03-13-05, 02:42 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of a way is this to welcome a rookie?

I really have some problems with the direction of this thread. Mr RJKarpe has advertised his vehicle and described it with pride and in some detail. I didn't read anywhere that he was asking for commentary on his price. I suggest that, if you have advice for him along those lines, it would be much more appropriate to communicate it by PM.

If this was my thread, I'd be POed.

And no, we're not related. He spells his with a K.

George

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 03-13-05 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-13-05, 03:08 PM
Bronsteen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Carpe Diem
What kind of a way is this to welcome a rookie?

I really have some problems with the direction of this thread. Mr RJKarpe has advertised his vehicle and described it with pride and in some detail. I didn't read anywhere that he was asking for commentary on his price. I suggest that, if you have advice for him along those lines, it would be much more appropriate to communicate it by PM.

If this was my thread, I'd be POed.

And no, we're not related. He spells his with a K.

George

What he advertised was a joke. That is why the thread went in this direction. And by posting it on a public message board, he was opening himself up for commentary. Maybe it will help him ask a reasonable price and actually sell his truck. He is free to post, so is anyone else.
Old 03-13-05, 03:12 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its his thread and if you want to post commentary on vehicle prices, you should start your own.

George
Old 03-14-05, 05:10 AM
Enigma869
Driver

Sorry George...I agree with Bronsteen on this one! Anyone who puts a posts anywhere on a public forum is absolutely leaving themselves wide open for commentary. Whether or not you agree with that is certainly your perogattive. That said, it's just the way it is.

Also, to be fair, some people really don't understand the concept of what a used car is worth. The reality is that there are some people who believe that if they bought a car new, and maybe spent more than what they should have, and then only put 10K on it in two years, it should still be worth close to what they paid for it. They sometimes forget that the car has lost value, because it is nearly three years old (Mercedes already has some 2006 models out). So perhaps, when people receive what you consider to be negative feedback, they will actually learn something about what the going value is of their vehicle. Just my two cents.

John from Boston