Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

1992 Lexus SC300 (great opportunity for a GTE transplant)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-05, 05:41 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1992 Lexus SC300 (PRICE LOWERED,,,again)

Finally selling my '92 SC300. Everything about it below. It is located in Roanoke, Virginia.

1992 Lexus SC300
145,000 miles
AUTO transmission (still shifts like new)
Pearl white w/ grey interior
Upgraded stock Pioneer sound system w/ 12-disc changer (everything still works)
Factory '92 spoiler

About the car:
Many of you know I used to be an SC moderator on here but got a Supra TT last summer, so resigned. I am the second owner of this SC (bought it at 70,000 miles). For those that have seen the car, they can attest to its condition. It has always been garaged kept, has never seen an automatic car wash, and I NEVER let food or drinks in it. The paint is in great condition as well as the interior. The rear seats were just recovered (were splitting at top) w/ prefectly matching leather and the fronts are in good shape (will post pics). Carpet is still in great shape. I am very obsessive w/ car care, and this car is waxed twice a year w/ Meguiars Gold Class 3 step system and washed once a week w/ Meguiars Godl Class wash. The door hinges are constanly lubricated (w/ White Grease), which many SC owners do not do and thus, have problems with hinges. The automatic transmission still shifts perfectly and there are no leaks, etc. The sunroof has no leaks and tilt/slide still works beautifully. I have all the documentation with the car (oil changes, etc.). Also, something else to add about the car...many people comment on the throaty sound w/ the stock exhaust system (took the JIC system off) I'm not sure why it sounds more throaty than any other SC, but it gets a lot of comments (from other SC owners too).

I have returned everything to stock on the car except for what's listed below.
Aftermarket/replaced parts that will be sold w/ car:
JIC Magic FLTA-2 coilover suspension (been on the car for 1.5 years, comes with both wrentches)
15" Z-Racing 5 spoke chrome rims (2 rims are missing the center piece and chrome plating is starting to come off but read farther down about rims)
brand new headlights (no fogging, scratches, etc.), brand new shift ****
tinted windows (30%)
re-covered rear seat (leather matches perfectly)
K&N cone filter w/ homemade box
Front GRIFFIN emblem
recently replaced the tensioning pulley on the car (pretty pricey part)
Also, car came w/ interior phone and steering wheel controls. I know the phone probably doesn't work as it has to be analog only (i assume), but the steering wheels controls may be able to be set up w/ current phones

Known problems w/ car:
The fuel gauge always shows full. I have been driving the car like this for about 4 years now. I just reset the trip odometer and fill it up at around 300 miles.

As mentioned above, the rims that are currently on the car are 15' Z-Racing 5 spoke chrome rims. 2 of them are missing the center caps and the chrome is not in the best shape (on all 4). However, I am getting new rims for the Supra and I am considering throwing in the stock Supra TT rims (275's on rear are brand new and tires up front have been on for appprox. 5,000 miles) for an additional charge. The rims on it now have brand new tires on them.

I may have additional goodies to go along w/ the car (have to look around in the garage), so I may update if necessary.

For those wondering why I am selling the car, a friend gave me an excellent deal on a 2002 BMW 330xi and I need something bigger (the Supra is my 2 dr.) and with AWD. If this deal hadn't come up, I would not be selling the SC (would like to own a turbo SC someday).

EDIT: I currently can't find the cord to hook up my camera to the computer, so I will have to put pictures up tomorrow

I am now currently asking $5500 ($6500 w/ TT rims)
Anyone is welcome to stop by and take a look/test drive. This would be a great car to give a beginning driver or for someone wanting to do a swap.

-Derek

Email: DEdwards@rollins.edu
AIM: anthraciteTTarga
cell: 540.537.5447

Last edited by anthracitetarga; 06-06-05 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-31-05, 03:01 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pics

Old 06-21-05, 06:31 AM
minty99z
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your PM's
Thanks!
Old 07-05-05, 07:13 AM