Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FS:93 Competition Yellow Mica RX-7 45kmi original

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-05, 10:21 AM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS:93 Competition Yellow Mica RX-7 45kmi original

Hey guys, I was told by a moderator that it would be ok to post in this section so here goes. I hate to do this as I love the car but unfortunately it's time to sell the 7. I've had alot of fun with this car in the 5 or 6 years that i've owned it(approximately ~2kmi/year) but it is time to get something a little more sensible. Here is the rundown on the car:
45kmi original on both the body and the engine. The engine runs 100% and then some. No hard starts when the engine is hot, no funny noises, great oil pressure, etc, etc.
Over the years I have been quite "fanatical" about the maintenance of the engine.
Oil changes have been done at every 500 mile interval, Marvel mystery oil has been used at nearly every single fuel fillup and the coolant gets flushed every single spring. Some call it fanatical, I call it not wanting to shell out for a new engine anytime soon.

The body has no dings, no dents and the paint is in exceptional condition for the year of the car because it was polished and waxed often. The interior is also in excellent condition with slight peeling only next to where the odometer is on the car and a small spot on the arm rest for your right arm. The only way you can see them is if you are specifically looking for it.

The only mods on the car is a silicon vac hose job, Pettit Racing ground strap, Tokico 5 ways and Racing Beat springs. I did about 90% of the vac hose job and I simply ran out of time and patience and had Rotor Sports Racing in Kannapolis, NC finish up the last couple of hoses and button it back up. They checked the turbos shaft play and said the turbos were in excellent shape. Oh, and the car comes with a MOMO shift ****. Unfortunately I can't seem to find my original shift ****. I think I lost it in the move from Upstate NY to Charlotte, NC.

Anyways, the car has a slight oil leak coming from one of the oil cooler lines. I put the car up and took the front windage tray off and found that the oil was coming from one of the oil cooler lines, but couldn't locate the exact leak. I do however know it is not coming from the engine itself or the oil pan either. I estimate the oil leaks at about the rate of 1 quart every 800-1000 miles (if you were to drive the car daily, which I have never done) so it is obviously a pretty slow leak.
Also, the antenna mast will go up but will not go all the way down without some assistance. Aside from that, the car is 100%. My price is $17,800 OBO which for a CYM in this shape with this kind of mileage is somewhat of a rarity. Most other CYMs comparable to mine would be a few thousand more. I'm open to trade ideas but please be reasonable. I've grown quite an affection for some 1st gen GS300s Some pics below:

Old 08-12-05, 10:22 AM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Here is a continuation of some more pics. Some are specifically requested shots from potential buyers or forum members.

Here is the car as it sits right now in the garage. The car has been garaged every single day for as long as I have owned it and to my knowledge, the previous owner did the same. Here the windage tray was removed so that I could locate and inspect the oil leak. The tray is now back in place.

VIN shot 1:

VIN shot 2:

Odometer reading

Underhood shot. Due to the direction of the lightsource, some of the pics came out slightly over-exposed. Being a camera noob, I don't know how to work around it:

MOMO shift ****:
Old 08-12-05, 10:24 AM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Driver's seat:

This is a Pettit Racing Column mount with an Autometer gauge. This will not be sold with the car and the OEM column cover will go back in.

Marvel Mystery Oil used at nearly ever fill-up:

Another shot at the condition of the rear bins and plastic.

Passenger side carpet:
Old 08-12-05, 10:25 AM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Rear hatch compartment:

Rear bin compartments:

Awhile back I hit a pothole and the left side DIN hole cover came out and landed by my feet and subsequently worked its way under the seat. Weeks later I accidentally vacuumed it up

Pic to illustrate that the side compartment cover is in factory condition. I was told these frequently crack or break so I took this pic to show the side compartment is 100%

No missing or loose switches:

This is the scratch/peeling that I was referring to earlier:
Old 08-12-05, 10:26 AM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

I had the car out at a local Supra meet here in Charlotte recently and a friend snapped a couple of pics. I got alot of compliments on the car

I think that about covers it. Thank you for viewing
Old 08-12-05, 12:15 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very very very nice one, I hope I have enough space to buy this baby
Old 08-12-05, 12:19 PM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the compliment