Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

***((( 1997 Lexus SC300, 58K Miles, 3x BLK, CLEAR Title, Supra Suspension)))***

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 02:02 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arthur-

I dropped you an email again. Let me know what you think and we can get rolling on this.

Thanks

Ethan
Old 03-06-06, 03:47 PM
97Soarer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that i dont know. i was suggesting that you request a friend of yours that you have in CA to come see it and vouch for it.

Originally Posted by lexforlife
who in cali thats a big member here do you know that is close to you
Old 03-06-06, 05:00 PM
srg
Rookie

I'll vouch for the car. I

've owned three of them and this is the cleanest one I've seen by far. If the car was stock when I went to check it out 3 weeks ago I would have snapped it up! I cant believe this car is still for sale. There are others out there that dont come close to having the care and in this amazing condition.

Buy it for gods sake!!

Its practically new. Maybe better than new.
Old 03-06-06, 05:54 PM
97Soarer
Pole Position

haha, thanks steve.

i didnt think selling this car would be such a struggle. and the prospects, good dang! Unbelievable! i have a new profound outlook of people.

in hindsight, i should have lowered the price and sold it to you right then. i need a buyer like steve guys and gals. a straight-arrow that's not out to waste TIME. someone that can grab their _alls and make a move.

Originally Posted by srg
I'll vouch for the car. I

've owned three of them and this is the cleanest one I've seen by far. If the car was stock when I went to check it out 3 weeks ago I would have snapped it up! I cant believe this car is still for sale. There are others out there that dont come close to having the care and in this amazing condition.

Buy it for gods sake!!

Its practically new. Maybe better than new.
Old 03-06-06, 08:38 PM
srg
Rookie

It's not about making a ballsy move. Its about finding serious buyers. I've found enthusiasts that frequent online car forums aren't just looking for quality cars, they wan't that and more. They want a steal. Probably so they can brag about the price they've paid. Even if it means buying something that they have to dump thousands into (which you don't hear about).

I think you'll have better luck with craigslist or autotrader.com. $ 14K+ is too steep here.

Take your time. A car this clean will sell!
Old 03-06-06, 10:18 PM
97Soarer
Pole Position

A friend of mine made a similar comment. Instead of lowering the price I should just spend money on paid search engines like autotrader. I just thought the CL enthusiasts would appreciate the car more and I would be helping that certain buyer find the perfect car. I know it took me forever to find this car. I'm a strong believer of getting what you paid for. It seems most people want beaters and not what I think a "Lexus" should be.

But this is off topic, so I'll end it here. Still for sale.
Old 03-07-06, 02:50 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW your asking 14k I know you wont get that from carmax and I think something that might be hurting your sale is your attitude towards people, you can't expect to have a car for sale and dont give the people interested time to contemplate the purchase, then say everybody here on cl wants beaters maybe cl isnt the place for you to sell your car .....
Old 03-07-06, 03:21 AM
Loveless
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
WOW your asking 14k I know you wont get that from carmax and I think something that might be hurting your sale is your attitude towards people, you can't expect to have a car for sale and dont give the people interested time to contemplate the purchase, then say everybody here on cl wants beaters maybe cl isnt the place for you to sell your car .....
what would be a reasonable price for something like this? I am kind of interested but it's lke you guys said, a little expensive and it's an automatic

I don't know though, maybe the condition is really really good
Old 03-07-06, 04:50 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

price is not way out of bounds for the milage and condition , i would say in the 13 ish range would be ideal and to sell quick high 12
Old 03-07-06, 06:30 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

I ended up offering $14k, which is only $200 below the OBO price and Arthur acted like the offer offended him and I was a flake. I guess in this case "OBO" means "firm".

Good luck with the sale, sorry we couldn't get it worked out.
Old 03-07-06, 08:13 AM
ChBrAc16
Driver School Candidate

If I wasn't on the east coast I would have probably bought the car but I bought my supra from chicago without ever seeing it and there were a few things that weren't mentioned during the negotiation. The car has everything a prospective buyer wants out of this car except the tranny otherwise it's mint.

BTW Ethan, at the end of page 1 doesn't it say $14k in anticipation of the new car but on page 2 it goes up to $14.2k obo?
Old 03-07-06, 09:34 AM
97Soarer
Pole Position

Read carefully...

Still for sale, moved the price to low $14,000 in anticipation of my new car.

Originally Posted by ChBrAc16
If I wasn't on the east coast I would have probably bought the car but I bought my supra from chicago without ever seeing it and there were a few things that weren't mentioned during the negotiation. The car has everything a prospective buyer wants out of this car except the tranny otherwise it's mint.

BTW Ethan, at the end of page 1 doesn't it say $14k in anticipation of the new car but on page 2 it goes up to $14.2k obo?
Old 03-07-06, 09:37 AM
97Soarer
Pole Position

hey ethan,

i never rejected your offer. you emailed me yesterday night and i never got a chance to respond yet. give a guy at least 24 hrs for response time. i never dealt you out.

Originally Posted by Ebanks
I ended up offering $14k, which is only $200 below the OBO price and Arthur acted like the offer offended him and I was a flake. I guess in this case "OBO" means "firm".

Good luck with the sale, sorry we couldn't get it worked out.
Old 03-07-06, 09:43 AM
97Soarer
Pole Position

lexforlife, you seem to know cars a lot.

tell me, how much would it cost to add

HID
tokico illuminas struts
eibach pro kit springs
full tanabe medallion catback
and the labor associated to it?

just quick rough est.

do me a favor add that subtotal from 13K and tell me if it is OVER or under 14K. granted someone people may not want this, but it isn't going to be free either. i got these ideals from the majority of owners on CL.

Originally Posted by lexforlife
price is not way out of bounds for the milage and condition , i would say in the 13 ish range would be ideal and to sell quick high 12
Old 03-07-06, 09:45 AM
97Soarer
Pole Position

Guys, bring it on. I know I was going to get flamed for defending my post from rupertaker or whatever his ID is. Apparently everyone lost their backbones through the years and are afraid to speak up for themselves and defend what they believe in.

Quick Reply: ***((( 1997 Lexus SC300, 58K Miles, 3x BLK, CLEAR Title, Supra Suspension)))***