Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

real 95 SOARER on EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-06, 08:40 AM
celm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZSC
Read where I said just because you have the cars doesn't make them legal. Why don't you list your street adress? Why aren't you registered with the BBB? People that have gotten their cars? So what? I can list tons of people that got nothing but the shaft from you.

LIST THEM THEN

Oh and your the expert of importation

Last edited by celm; 02-15-06 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-15-06, 08:55 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

wth is going on with this thread now.
Old 02-15-06, 08:56 AM
celm
Pole Position

Right from Nissan forums and couldn’t explain the basics any better

Well I have been reading the forums and looking the input that people have been putting up in here and on other threads. Yet again I see alot of uneducated people make statements about things and I really don’t understand where they get their information. I am very thorough about my research and usually don’t make statements before I have the factual information to back them up. Anyone still doubting my business's true nature its your loss. Back to the subject at hand, KIT CARS! I have contacted the DMV and State patrol in Washington, Oregon, Colorado, and Texas to verify the guidelines and regulations as to how cars are designated as Kit Cars and what is required. Well ANY SERIES of skylines can be brought into the country as a Kit car if the paperwork and the cars are appropriately done and shipped. All 4 states state patrol stated to me very directly (and I took my GTS to both the Oregon and Washington state patrol offices to show them the car) that if the placard and chassis stamp both matched with the same chassis number and have not been altered in any way they will certify the skylines as a Kit car. This means they can be titled and legal in the state that verifies the VIN/Chassis number. You can sell the cars and they can be moved to another state with the current states title but you will have to go through the process of revivifying the VIN/Chassis #'s in your state of residence. There are no restrictions on these cars, no mileage nothing and they are a ROAD LEGAL car. As stated the kit cars do not have to meet all the bull**** federal regulations because there are allot of Lamo's, Porsches, Ferrari's (sp) on the road that are designated kit cars and they are not going to change the laws or view the cars differently then they do those top end road machines. So if you wish to verify what I am saying contact your state patrol and once that is done contact your local DMV and they will tell you once they get the certification form from the state patrol the will issue a kit car title. I have personally checked 4 states and got the same answer all the way around. If you want a DOT/NHTSA certified car you can do that with 2 companies in the US right now, but the kit car is the less costly way to go and still be legal. All of those people out there stating the cars will be confiscated and all kinds of bull**** when you get pulled over because the car isn’t DOT/NHTSA certified you need again to be educated. I have been pulled over 13 times in my black GTS and not once have I even been cited for anything, and 2 times it was of exhibition of speed. So stop making people panic about that because its not true!!! Most of the times the cops are like "what the hell is this???" and let you off just because of the car LOL... this has happened to me! You can send me questions at chris@skylinerevolution.com or pm me here I check this daily and my email for the company about twice an hour.

i just got pulled over for speeding in a RHD car 30 min ago,the cops didnt care what side i was driving on all they wanted to make sure all the numbers match and everything is current and valid
Old 02-15-06, 08:59 AM
celm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cherplex
wth is going on with this thread now.
someone starts bashing someone who doesnt have all the answers,so the accused is sticking up for him self

cherplex i bet if someone started bashing you with out knowng anything i know sure as SHTI you would stick up for your self
Old 02-15-06, 11:00 AM
1JZSC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by celm
someone starts bashing someone who doesnt have all the answers,so the accused is sticking up for him self

cherplex i bet if someone started bashing you with out knowng anything i know sure as SHTI you would stick up for your self
See what you are doing is abusing a loophole and omiting the fact that the illegal part is HOW THE CAR GOT IN THE US.

It is ILLEGAL to import a car as parts and re-assmeble them after entrance.
It is ILLEGAL to title ANY CAR built by a major manufactuer as a kit car.

Just because you are exploiting a loop hole with certain terminology, doesn't mean it's any less illegal.
Old 02-15-06, 12:35 PM
celm
Pole Position

See what you are doing is abusing a loophole and omiting the fact that the illegal part is HOW THE CAR GOT IN THE US.

Just because you are exploiting a loop hole with certain terminology, doesn't mean it's any less illegal.
do your research before yapping!!!
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...ges/page2.html

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/.../#Anchor-63420

NHTSA is not responsible for regulating the operation of motor vehicles on public roads in the U.S. or for titling or registering motor vehicles for such operation. That is instead the responsibility of the individual States

stop being a lazy *** and do research before you open your mouth

Last edited by celm; 02-15-06 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-15-06, 01:00 PM
rupertaker
Rookie

Honestly, what does it matter?

Celm is open about what he does, and if you take 10 minutes to look around, you can pretty much see EVERY step he does. He's open about where it goes, what happens, where it goes to next, and what it is titled as.

Yes, I understand the clean air act and I understand your point. But he isn't one of the people out there misrepresenting the car for a ''50 state federally legal car''. Yes it's a kit car, yes you can probably title in 90% of the States.
Old 02-15-06, 01:06 PM
celm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rupertaker
Honestly, what does it matter?

Celm is open about what he does, and if you take 10 minutes to look around, you can pretty much see EVERY step he does. He's open about where it goes, what happens, where it goes to next, and what it is titled as.

Yes, I understand the clean air act and I understand your point. But he isn't one of the people out there misrepresenting the car for a ''50 state federally legal car''. Yes it's a kit car, yes you can probably title in 90% of the States.
Thank you,you have to remember rupertaker not everyone knows how to comprehend what they read
Old 02-17-06, 08:48 AM
1JZSC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by celm
do your research before yapping!!!
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...ges/page2.html

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/.../#Anchor-63420

NHTSA is not responsible for regulating the operation of motor vehicles on public roads in the U.S. or for titling or registering motor vehicles for such operation. That is instead the responsibility of the individual States

stop being a lazy *** and do research before you open your mouth
Frank, lets be frank here, you and I both know that WHAT YOU DO is illegal. You cannot import a manufactuers car as Parts and reassemble them. Customs Fraud.

I have read the importation rules before you even worked for EI. I have talked to Sean about this before you have even seen an EVO VII. I never said the NHSTA will crack down on you, but maybe the DOT, EPA and the Customs department might.

You continue to exploit the "KIT CAR" loophole... Isn't it part of the loophole that you can't sell a car that is brought in as a kit car? Oh wait, you technically never own the car and just play the part of getting the car. It is easy to say I don't know what I'm talking about, how about we start linking threads from the GTR section of Fresh Alloy about you? How about EvolutionM?
Old 02-17-06, 08:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i don't see any real for sale stuff here, this is closed