Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

1999 Lexus GS300 - $7000

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-06, 06:35 PM
prew
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alohaincal
It's hard to tell from the quality of the pics. but can you tell us if there's any frame damage?
I notice in one pic(rear shoot) one of the exhaust pipes seems to either be pushed in or very crooked. This, and other parts not lining up could be a sign of severe frame damage.
Thanks
i noticed the exhaust as well but did not think much of it because the car was hit in the front. when i get the key i will be able to move the car around, jack it up and check everything out. as far as other frame damage goes i have not seen any signs of it yet. after the car is running and everything i may take apart the front to see why everything isnt lining up how it should. if there is anything out of the ordinary to see under the bumper/fenders i will take pics and post them up.
Old 04-11-06, 02:21 PM
blkgs4wnav
Driver

That Gs Needs Some Tlc Hopefully It Finds A Good Home Gl
Old 04-15-06, 01:44 AM
OldSkoolGS
Driver School Candidate

well you cant register a salvage title anyway it has to be turned into rebuilt FIRST and a LISECENSED REBUILDER has to do the work and register it under his name than when it comes rebuilt than anyone can register the car as a rebuilt title and usually salvage is issued when frame damage is involved but could depend on other states im in IL and alot of states in the mid region have the same laws but ill be glad if someone can prove me wrong.
Old 04-15-06, 08:42 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSkoolGS
well you cant register a salvage title anyway it has to be turned into rebuilt FIRST and a LISECENSED REBUILDER has to do the work and register it under his name than when it comes rebuilt than anyone can register the car as a rebuilt title and usually salvage is issued when frame damage is involved but could depend on other states im in IL and alot of states in the mid region have the same laws but ill be glad if someone can prove me wrong.

in most states a licensed rebuilder does not have to do the work! i rebuild cars, and i am not a licensed rebuilder.

salvage can occur to due to accident, theft, flood, etc.
Old 04-15-06, 11:00 PM
prew
Driver School Candidate

thanks aliga. salvage titles can be issued for any number of reasons like you said. this car can be finished by anyone.
Old 04-16-06, 12:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Add a radiator or AC unit (can't tell) to the list of needs because dead center in the middle that one is destroyed. Just under the center of the header panel to the left. (last pic)

I'm curious to see what other problems you find because I could use a GS. Would like to know along with everyone else when the keys come in.
Old 04-16-06, 12:49 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSkoolGS
You said all that in one breath???

. . . . . . . . . .

Jonny
Old 04-16-06, 12:50 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.

I'm curious to see what other problems you find because I could use a GS. Would like to know along with everyone else when the keys come in.
LOL. When 6 cars just isn't enough

Jonny
Old 04-17-06, 12:14 PM
prew
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Add a radiator or AC unit (can't tell) to the list of needs because dead center in the middle that one is destroyed. Just under the center of the header panel to the left. (last pic)

Yes this is the A/C cooler. It looks like whoever fixed the car just bent that part back and re-used it. The radiator looks like it was replaced.

As far as keys go I got them on Friday and they were the wrong ones. I talked to the place I got them from earlier today and should have the new set this week.

I took some hi res pictures this weekend, they are below the small pics:

http://www.steveprew.com/gs300/