Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FS: 2001 GS300 w/ only 4,800 one owner miles(Black/Tan)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 08:37 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Brent,
That thing looks great - brand new. Seems like you're not asking enough. Surprised you haven't sold it yet.
If it was a GS400, I'd be thinking of buying it to replace mine.
Old 04-11-06, 10:01 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Brent,
That thing looks great - brand new. Seems like you're not asking enough. Surprised you haven't sold it yet.
If it was a GS400, I'd be thinking of buying it to replace mine.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised I haven't had more inquiries. So far, 4 different people have contacted me, but one person wanted to trade something(which I'm not interested in doing) and another one insulted me with a lowball offer of $23k. A guy in So. Cal has expressed interest and I'm waiting to hear back from him so we'll see where that goes. I'd like to sell it by the end of this month if possible and I'm hoping someone discovers it in this thread and decides to pull the trigger.
Old 04-12-06, 07:53 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Brent72
Yeah, I'm a little surprised I haven't had more inquiries. So far, 4 different people have contacted me, but one person wanted to trade something(which I'm not interested in doing) and another one insulted me with a lowball offer of $23k. A guy in So. Cal has expressed interest and I'm waiting to hear back from him so we'll see where that goes. I'd like to sell it by the end of this month if possible and I'm hoping someone discovers it in this thread and decides to pull the trigger.
Hey Brent.
I hope you weren't referring to me. I was thinking 23-24k. Honestly, I will give you a buyers perspective.
Car is DAMN nice and clean and lowmileage. At the end of the day however, it will still be a 01' when its driven away and when a few more miles are put on it, it will go down in value to the point of other GS300's of that year. There are only two things in question and one of the two is not IF you have taken care of the car, because its quite obvious you have.
No, the questions are these
What premium do you think the car is worth because of the low miles?
What premium does a buyer think the car is worth because of the low miles?

My opinion was 23/24k max and I worked for lexus for 5 years, so I was front line and saw the values of a few year old cars and what they got for trade ins.
I still wish you nothing but luck and will track this post, I am anxious to see if you get what you are asking, but if not we might be able to talk a price if it doesn't sell.

Good luck and TTT for you!
Old 04-12-06, 08:29 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NADA shows $23,xxx [trade-in] - $26,xxx [retail]. Why would $24k be an insult?
Old 04-12-06, 08:44 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by minty99z
Hey Brent.
I hope you weren't referring to me. I was thinking 23-24k. Honestly, I will give you a buyers perspective.
Car is DAMN nice and clean and lowmileage. At the end of the day however, it will still be a 01' when its driven away and when a few more miles are put on it, it will go down in value to the point of other GS300's of that year. There are only two things in question and one of the two is not IF you have taken care of the car, because its quite obvious you have.
No, the questions are these
What premium do you think the car is worth because of the low miles?
What premium does a buyer think the car is worth because of the low miles?

My opinion was 23/24k max and I worked for lexus for 5 years, so I was front line and saw the values of a few year old cars and what they got for trade ins.
I still wish you nothing but luck and will track this post, I am anxious to see if you get what you are asking, but if not we might be able to talk a price if it doesn't sell.

Good luck and TTT for you!
Yeah, you have a point. But I for one don't agree with it. This car should be bought by someone who will keep it around for a while, do some mods, etc. In that case the extra few K will not matter. That car is almost stinkin new. Its one thing when a car has 50K on it but should have 100K. Then it's just a small upgrade for low miles. But when the car is basically new, it's a different story. He's not asking new 2001 price for it.
Old 04-12-06, 08:55 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
NADA shows $23,xxx [trade-in] - $26,xxx [retail]. Why would $24k be an insult?

Well, those prices are for your run-of-the-mill average GS300 that are nowhere in the same league as the car I'm selling. Personally, I think this car is worth every bit of $26,000-26,500 due to not only the miles, but the absolutely PERFECT condition. How many used cars are you going to find(not just Lexus, but any used car) with no door dings, no scratches, no rock chips on front end/hood, an interior with no dirt or spots anywhere and wheels that haven't been curbed or incurred any road damage? If that doesn't make it worth a couple thousand dollars more than the average GS300 with numerous flaws and blemishes then I don't know what to say. This is basically a BRAND NEW Lexus for $26,000 and I really don't think that's asking too much, but I guess time will tell.
Old 04-12-06, 09:12 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

Well, those prices are for your run-of-the-mill average GS300 that are nowhere in the same league as the car I'm selling. Personally, I think this car is worth every bit of $26,000-26,500 due to not only the miles, but the absolutely PERFECT condition. How many used cars are you going to find(not just Lexus, but any used car) with no door dings, no scratches, no rock chips on front end/hood, an interior with no dirt or spots anywhere and wheels that haven't been curbed or incurred any road damage? If that doesn't make it worth a couple thousand dollars more than the average GS300 with numerous flaws and blemishes then I don't know what to say. This is basically a BRAND NEW Lexus for $26,000 and I really don't think that's asking too much, but I guess time will tell.
Brent, Just so you know....I bought a 01 GS430 for below 23k.....Blk/Blk last year with 20,000 miles...Just as nice as yours, had more miles but its a 430....
Like I said though,
Great car and TTT for you...
Old 04-12-06, 09:33 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

I understand where you are coming from completely, don't get me wrong, but the market is the market.
Old 04-12-06, 09:37 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
I understand where you are coming from completely, don't get me wrong, but the market is the market.

One thing I've learned about the "market", though, is it only takes one person(preferably with plenty of money) to pay a premium for something.
Old 04-12-06, 10:18 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

One thing I've learned about the "market", though, is it only takes one person(preferably with plenty of money) to pay a premium for something.
This I know..... I just unloaded my turbo SC300. Good luck with the sale. I'd be interested if it were a GS430 for sure. BUMP.
Old 04-14-06, 07:33 AM
Brent72
Rookie

Still for sale. I know there's a buyer out there for a pristine vehicle like this and hopefully they will see this thread.
Old 04-14-06, 07:47 PM
DD922
Driver School Candidate

Hey Brent, Just curious. You said you had 4 cars at the time you purchased this Lexus. What were the other 4 cars that you had? How many cars you have now? and What are all the cars now? Just curious lolz ...
Old 04-14-06, 10:23 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by DD922
Hey Brent, Just curious. You said you had 4 cars at the time you purchased this Lexus. What were the other 4 cars that you had? How many cars you have now? and What are all the cars now? Just curious lolz ...
I had 2 Corvettes, a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and a Mazda 929. Now, I have the GS300, one of the Corvettes and a Lexus RX330. I'm not sure why you're asking, but there's your answer.
Old 04-14-06, 10:44 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

What a great deal. KBB assume cars are in "used" condition. Obviously, this car is practically new. You can probably eat off the engine bay too.

I remember just a year ago, someone bought a white 1995 acura legend LS coupe with 6k miles for $26k. Then again, the car was also in mint condition.

To the average joe, a 1969 dodge charger hemi is an old piece of junk. That person wouldn't pay more than $500 for the car because of how old the car is. To the enthusiasts out there, the car is a gem. People view the GS300 as any other car, just happens that it has low mileage. The real people out there who cares about cars will understand why the price is at where it is. $26k for a new GS300 is an awesome deal.
Old 04-15-06, 04:09 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSteg
What a great deal. KBB assume cars are in "used" condition. Obviously, this car is practically new. You can probably eat off the engine bay too.

I remember just a year ago, someone bought a white 1995 acura legend LS coupe with 6k miles for $26k. Then again, the car was also in mint condition.

To the average joe, a 1969 dodge charger hemi is an old piece of junk. That person wouldn't pay more than $500 for the car because of how old the car is. To the enthusiasts out there, the car is a gem. People view the GS300 as any other car, just happens that it has low mileage. The real people out there who cares about cars will understand why the price is at where it is. $26k for a new GS300 is an awesome deal.

Thanks for the kind words, man. I really appreciate your understanding of where I'm coming from.

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 GS300 w/ only 4,800 one owner miles(Black/Tan)