Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FS: 2001 GS300 w/ only 4,800 one owner miles(Black/Tan)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-06, 04:20 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent72
Sorry the interior isn't what you're looking for and thanks for the kind words. I priced out an '06 GS(which doesn't look anywhere near as good as this generation IMHO) on Edmunds.com and it came out to $45,100 so I'm offering this one at almost $20k less than a brand new car.

Nice car, amazing low miles for an 01 GS! I have to disagree with you on the styling compared to the 06 (imho) , but never the less good luck with the sale.
Old 04-15-06, 04:38 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

engine pics
Old 04-15-06, 06:32 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by iasc300
engine pics
I'll try to snap a couple and post them here tomorrow or Monday.
Old 04-15-06, 06:34 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by trent
Nice car, amazing low miles for an 01 GS! I have to disagree with you on the styling compared to the 06 (imho) , but never the less good luck with the sale.

Trent, I didn't mean to come off sounding negative towards the new GS. I just happen to prefer the old styling right now, but maybe in time the new one will grow on me. It's certainly got a lot of cool features that I wish the previous generation had.
Old 04-18-06, 10:41 AM
Brent72
Rookie

Well, unfortunately a death in the family has prevented me from posting here the last couple of days, but I just wanted to take a minute to bump this back up to the top as the car is still available. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM or an e-mail. Thanks.
Old 04-22-06, 01:54 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Bumping this up to the top again.
Old 04-22-06, 03:42 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't believe you haven't sold this yet.
Old 04-22-06, 05:18 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Can't believe you haven't sold this yet.
You and me both, man. I know the car is 5 years old, but it's not like I'm asking an unreasonable amount for it IMHO. I guess the right person just hasn't seen it yet which is why I keep trying to make it visible. I've thought about putting it on cars.com, but I was hoping true Lexus fanatics would see it here instead. So far, no luck.
Old 04-22-06, 05:31 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

You and me both, man. I know the car is 5 years old, but it's not like I'm asking an unreasonable amount for it IMHO. I guess the right person just hasn't seen it yet which is why I keep trying to make it visible. I've thought about putting it on cars.com, but I was hoping true Lexus fanatics would see it here instead. So far, no luck.

If you took the "right" offer it would have been sold weeks ago...

TTT for you...
Old 04-22-06, 05:42 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by minty99z
If you took the "right" offer it would have been sold weeks ago...

TTT for you...

Sorry, but I don't think what you offered was the "right" offer and I don't appreciate your condescending tone. I'll just go ahead and keep the car before I give it away. If you're looking for a deal(or should I say steal) you're better off looking elsewhere. By the way, I have no idea what TTT means, but I'm sure it's not complimentary.
Old 04-22-06, 05:46 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

Sorry, but I don't think what you offered was the "right" offer and I don't appreciate your condescending tone. I'll just go ahead and keep the car before I give it away. If you're looking for a deal(or should I say steal) you're better off looking elsewhere. By the way, I have no idea what TTT means, but I'm sure it's not complimentary.

You are incorrect..

TTT means To the top....its the internet way of keeping someones post at the top for people to view.....

I wasn't being condescending either, just giving an honest opinion....
Old 04-22-06, 05:50 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

Also, where I got my info from was from manheim auctions.....
The lowest mileage was a 41k mile recently.......it sold for 18k. ....Thats how I prepared my offer so you know....I was insulted that you took it as a low ball offer.
Old 04-22-06, 05:50 PM
Brent72
Rookie

You are incorrect..

TTT means To the top....its the internet way of keeping someones post at the top for people to view.....

I wasn't being condescending either, just giving an honest opinion....
OK, well at least I learned a new internet acronym today. As for the offer, I just don't think it was enough for a car of this caliber. I realize everyone wants to get something at a great price, but sometimes you have to pay a premium to get a special example that stands out from all the rest. I'm just not prepared to sell this for what you could buy an "average" '01 GS300 for. I think it's worth a little more than that.
Old 04-22-06, 05:57 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Also, where I got my info from was from manheim auctions.....
The lowest mileage was a 41k mile recently.......it sold for 18k. ....Thats how I prepared my offer so you know....I was insulted that you took it as a low ball offer.

No offense, but auction prices are not really a valid basis for pricing(especially when it comes to a unique example like this one in perfect condition with practically no miles). You should be looking at a combination of dealer retail and private party values to get a more accurate representation.
Old 04-22-06, 06:08 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

No offense, but auction prices are not really a valid basis for pricing(especially when it comes to a unique example like this one in perfect condition with practically no miles). You should be looking at a combination of dealer retail and private party values to get a more accurate representation.
I know what you are saying. I offered you 5k more for the 35k mile difference.....Thats all I was saying....
Manheim
$18k for 41k miles
I offered
$23-24k for 5k Miles

I am only making the point that it wasnt a "lowball" offer because there is no real price for your car because its all opinion because of the low miles.....You see it as a new 5 year old car and I see it as a low mileage 5 year old car with no warranty...I am just saying that you shouldn't get offended by any offer above 22k because there is no " set in stone value" for this type of car....You know?

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 GS300 w/ only 4,800 one owner miles(Black/Tan)