Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FS: 2001 GS300 w/ only 4,800 one owner miles(Black/Tan)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-06, 01:53 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again, I am bumping this to the top. I have lowered my price from the $26,500 in my initial post to $25,900.

Last edited by Brent72; 04-30-06 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 07:10 PM
Brent72
Rookie

BUMP yet again.
Old 04-30-06, 08:39 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Let's keep this at the top for Brent.

I just went back and re-read this entire thread. Brent, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think that Minty's offer was an insult. If you look at the KBB or Nada numbers, it seems like he was in the ballpark. However (and that's a BIG however), I believe the KBB and Nada numbers are irrelevant in this case, and here's why. Let's say that Brent's car had 30-50k miles like every other low-mile 2001 GS 300 out there. If Brent was asking $26,000 for his car, and you thought he had priced it too high, what would you do? You would make an offer, and, if rejected, go buy one of the numerous other 2001 GS 300s for sale at a lower price. The problem with KBB and Nada values is that I think it assumes that there are multiple cars out there that meet the criteria you've entered. In this case, I think we can all pretty much agree that there's not another car out there quite like this one. So, if you don't like the $26k that Brent is asking, go ahead and buy another GS, but I can assure you that it won't have 5k miles.

e
Old 04-30-06, 11:29 PM
Brent72
Rookie

I must admit that I'm a little shocked by how few people have expressed interest in the car. I figured something as nice as this would attract at least a decent amount of interested buyers, but it's been 3 weeks now and still no luck selling the car. Are there any other Lexus forums with more traffic that I should be posting in or is this the biggest one on the net?
Old 05-01-06, 01:29 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent72
I must admit that I'm a little shocked by how few people have expressed interest in the car. I figured something as nice as this would attract at least a decent amount of interested buyers, but it's been 3 weeks now and still no luck selling the car. Are there any other Lexus forums with more traffic that I should be posting in or is this the biggest one on the net?
Brent....

This is by far the right forum. Maybe timing was not ideal as taxes were due in April. Be resilient with your asking price....which I think is very very reasonable for a nearly 5K mile '01 GS300. Good luck.

Pete
Old 05-01-06, 10:46 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I must admit that I'm a little shocked by how few people have expressed interest in the car. I figured something as nice as this would attract at least a decent amount of interested buyers, but it's been 3 weeks now and still no luck selling the car.
You have to understand that these cars are very reliable car. A car with 5k miles (although VERY nice) will perform as well as one with 25k or 50k. When people can get a newer year with a bit more miles for this amount, it causes people to pause.

There is nothing wrong with you wanting your asking price. The issue is the nature of the car and of the market. I hope you are able to find a match with someone who can appreciate what you have.

Good luck.
Old 05-01-06, 07:20 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by PHML
Brent....

This is by far the right forum. Maybe timing was not ideal as taxes were due in April. Be resilient with your asking price....which I think is very very reasonable for a nearly 5K mile '01 GS300. Good luck.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. I'm going to give it a few more days and then I might put it on cars.com with one of their deluxe ads. That website supposedly reaches 14 million people a day so there's a good chance someone would see it on there and be interested.
Old 05-01-06, 07:47 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Pete. I'm going to give it a few more days and then I might put it on cars.com with one of their deluxe ads. That website supposedly reaches 14 million people a day so there's a good chance someone would see it on there and be interested.
Yea, list it on cars.com. That is where I found my GS. I found it in Colorado and I live in Texas. You will get a lot more action there. Most folk here on Club Lexus already own a Lexus and I think you are limiting your sales potential. Also, if you list it on cars.com raise the price. You will be competing against cars with higher milage and you have rare low, low milage car. Good luck with the sale.
Old 05-01-06, 08:09 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by e-man
Let's keep this at the top for Brent.

I just went back and re-read this entire thread. Brent, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think that Minty's offer was an insult. If you look at the KBB or Nada numbers, it seems like he was in the ballpark. However (and that's a BIG however), I believe the KBB and Nada numbers are irrelevant in this case, and here's why. Let's say that Brent's car had 30-50k miles like every other low-mile 2001 GS 300 out there. If Brent was asking $26,000 for his car, and you thought he had priced it too high, what would you do? You would make an offer, and, if rejected, go buy one of the numerous other 2001 GS 300s for sale at a lower price. The problem with KBB and Nada values is that I think it assumes that there are multiple cars out there that meet the criteria you've entered. In this case, I think we can all pretty much agree that there's not another car out there quite like this one. So, if you don't like the $26k that Brent is asking, go ahead and buy another GS, but I can assure you that it won't have 5k miles.

e
Well said e, well said.
Old 05-02-06, 07:26 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Brent, have you tried Craigslist.org yet? I had 4 people contact me within 2 days of listing my car on there. I got nothing from cars.com. Try it out!
Old 05-02-06, 08:09 AM
minty99z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aliti19
Hey Brent, have you tried Craigslist.org yet? I had 4 people contact me within 2 days of listing my car on there. I got nothing from cars.com. Try it out!

As long as they weren't from Nigeria or the UK you will be OK
Old 05-02-06, 10:37 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by minty99z
As long as they weren't from Nigeria or the UK you will be OK
Actually, they were from Thailand & Romania. LOL j/k

Pretty normal Chicago area people so far.
Old 05-02-06, 02:16 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by aliti19

I may have to give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 05-02-06, 02:32 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

WOW that car is hawt... hey - want to sell me that steering wheel? it's so hard to find a newer one with the e-shift on it.. i have e-shift but mine is off a '00 GS4 just a thought! lol
Old 05-02-06, 06:28 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kharizma
WOW that car is hawt... hey - want to sell me that steering wheel? it's so hard to find a newer one with the e-shift on it.. i have e-shift but mine is off a '00 GS4 just a thought! lol
Probably a little harder because they completely stopped putting them on the GS430 01-05

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 GS300 w/ only 4,800 one owner miles(Black/Tan)