Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FS: 2001 GS300 w/ only 4,800 one owner miles(Black/Tan)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-06, 01:06 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation FS: 2001 Lexus GS300 w/ only 4,800 one owner miles(Black/Tan)

No, this is not a misprint and it's not 48,000 miles, as the title says this car really has only 4,800 miles. It is a one-owner(non-smoker) adult professional driven 2001 GS300(Black with Tan leather) that looks like it just came out of the showroom both inside and out. Here is just a brief list of the car's features:

5-Speed Automatic Transmission w/ Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Buttons
Power Tilt and One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof with Sunshade
6-Disc CD Changer
Heated Front Seats
Leather Interior
Memory System for Driver's Seat
Power Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel w/ Automatic Tilt-Away
Keyless Entry System
Dual Zone Climate Control
Premium Audio System w/ 7 Speakers
Power Multi-Adjustable Front Seats
Power Door Locks
Electrochromic Inside/Outside Mirrors
One-Touch Up/Down Power Mirrors with Pinch Protection
Dual Front Airbags, Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags, Front Seat Side Curtain Airbags, Supplemental Restraint System
Genuine Walnut Wood Interior Trim
Gold emblems in front and rear

The car has pretty much every option you could get on an '01 except for the Levinson/Nav package which I didn't feel was necessary at the time. It also just had a brand new battery put in a couple of months ago and a K&N air filter was installed last year. This Lexus has never been driven in snow and has seldom even seen rain. I have used only the highest quality wax and polishes on this car(Meguiar's, Zymol, Menzerna, Rejex) to keep the black paint looking like brand new. It has never been wrecked, hit or damaged in any way and the car is free of scratches, dings, rock chips, etc. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is probably the nicest used GS300 available in the country right now. I even have the original window sticker with the selling price of $43,606. I know that most times when things are too good to be true there's usually a catch, but this is the real deal. It's a car that was purchased brand new and just never ended up getting used very much. I had 4 other cars at the time when I bought this GS and it was probably a mistake to buy it, but I just loved the looks so much that I had to get it. I am selling it now because I plan on leasing a new car to use for my business and I really don't have room to keep this car any longer. I am located in southern IL. and would prefer the car to be picked up locally if possible as I can't really deal with trying to ship the car across the country. It could be delivered within a 100 mile or so radius(anywhere in the St. Louis metro area is close to me). I have looked at private party and dealer retail prices through Kelly Blue Book, NADA and Edmund's which are all pretty different. Factoring in the mileage, condition, etc. I am looking for something in the $26,500 range for this pristine automoblile. You can reach me either through PM or e-mail me at bmadden72@yahoo.com for further details and I can provide my phone # for seriously interested parties. I also have a lot more pictures that can be sent through e-mail, but here are a few to start out with:

Thanks,
Brent

Last edited by Brent72; 04-09-06 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-08-06, 03:26 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Also, I forgot to mention that the tires are like new with hardly any tread wear and that I also have all the books, manuals and even the medical kit that came with the car. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to pass that information along as well.

Thanks,
Brent
Old 04-08-06, 07:58 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, you aren't kidding when you say this 2001 GS is in mint condition inside and out, let alone a low mileage car Good luck with the sale!
Old 04-08-06, 08:28 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusk8
Wow, you aren't kidding when you say this 2001 GS is in mint condition inside and out, let alone a low mileage car Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping she'll find a good home with an owner who will appreciate just how immaculate this car really is.
Old 04-08-06, 09:55 PM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

wow, that's a amazingly low mileage GS you have there...I wish the interior was black, then I would seriously consider it. Good luck with the sale, someone is saving like $15k to buy a basically BRAND NEW car!!
Old 04-08-06, 10:20 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by TRDSupraSE
wow, that's a amazingly low mileage GS you have there...I wish the interior was black, then I would seriously consider it. Good luck with the sale, someone is saving like $15k to buy a basically BRAND NEW car!!

Sorry the interior isn't what you're looking for and thanks for the kind words. I priced out an '06 GS(which doesn't look anywhere near as good as this generation IMHO) on Edmunds.com and it came out to $45,100 so I'm offering this one at almost $20k less than a brand new car.
Old 04-09-06, 02:01 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice car! I'm sure somebody will ****** this up. Where in IL are you?
Old 04-09-06, 09:13 AM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by aliti19
Very nice car! I'm sure somebody will ****** this up. Where in IL are you?

I'm located in the very southern tip of IL, about 5 hours south of Chicago. Actually I've already had someone else from up there e-mail me last night inquiring about the car so Chi-town must be a real hotbed for GS activity.
Old 04-09-06, 10:19 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Brent72
I'm located in the very southern tip of IL, about 5 hours south of Chicago. Actually I've already had someone else from up there e-mail me last night inquiring about the car so Chi-town must be a real hotbed for GS activity.
Yup, we love them up here. Nothing like Cali though.
Old 04-09-06, 10:48 AM
Brent72
Rookie

For what it's worth, I just checked the pricing of similar '01 GS300 cars for sale online(using the internet auto guide website) and found the following:

Cashmere w/ 39,632 mi. $25,880
Green w/ 30,575 mi. $25,990
Black w/ 36,594 mi. $26,795
Silver w/ 50,638 mi. $26,900
Silver w/ 50,253 mi. $26,995
Blue w/ 47,836 mi. $27,580
White w/ 39,194 mi. $28,976
Merlot w/ 37,135 mi. $30,995

After seeing these prices and even factoring in the inevitable dealer discounts, I'm confident that I am asking a reasonable amount for a car which has less than 5k original miles and is in perfect new condition.
Old 04-09-06, 04:49 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Great weather here today so I went out and put a fresh coat of Meguiar's on the car. Here's a couple of pics to show off the shine:

Old 04-10-06, 01:37 PM
Brent72
Rookie

I've had a couple of inquiries on the car, but no deals as of yet so it's still available. Again, if you're interested, please PM me or send an e-mail to bmadden72@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Brent

p.s. I also forgot to mention that the wheels are in perfect condition with no curb rash or road damage of any kind.
Old 04-10-06, 02:49 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, very nice indeed..after selling my 2001 GS 3 weeks ago, I am now told that my Sister in law WANTED IT ..so now ahe wants me to find here a good USED GS...I'll ask about the Black color if she is OK with that....

MIke
Old 04-10-06, 04:23 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SILVERGS3
Wow, very nice indeed..after selling my 2001 GS 3 weeks ago, I am now told that my Sister in law WANTED IT ..so now ahe wants me to find here a good USED GS...I'll ask about the Black color if she is OK with that....

MIke

Mike,

I appreciate that. Tell her this is probably the nicest used GS available for sale in the country right now so if she's looking for a good one this is it. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Brent
Old 04-11-06, 08:30 PM
Brent72
Rookie

Here are a couple new pics taken today. The first one shows that I wasn't lying when I said this thing only has 4800 miles:

Here's one that really looks great IMHO:

One more from my favorite angle on the car:

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 GS300 w/ only 4,800 one owner miles(Black/Tan)